“Not worth the wait”
Review of KaiBella - CLOSED

KaiBella
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, Flavorful Food Cooked from the Heart, tropisch-thailändische-Fusion-Küche
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Everywhere else we ate in Samara had our food out so promptly it was hard waiting over an hour for both our appetizer and main courses. Once we got our food the portion although very generous in greenery and decor, I felt was bland and unexciting. If you're used to really amazing Thai food steer clear or at least don't come here expecting it to compare to authentic Thai food.

Visited February 2013
Belle R, Owner at KaiBella, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you for coming to my restaurant while you were visiting Samara. I'm so sorry you left the restaurant disappointed with your experience.

My goal is not to present authentic Thai food, as my restaurant is an eclectic mix of Thai, Asian & Caribbean dishes. I've had a great many repeat customers, locals & tourists alike who appreciate my creative fusion & my staff and I take great care to prepare fresh & delicious dishes for all our guests on a very consistent basis.
Thai food is always prepared using an abundant array of aromatic herbs & spices and some dishes take time to assemble. For a dish to be bland and unexciting would not be characteristic in any Thai restaurant nor in my restaurant as we prepare all our dishes to taste according to the spice level which is personally selected by the guest.

We always welcome feedback and it is my goal to see that everyone's experience is exceptional.

“Fresh and fantastic!”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

The Chinese is OK but the Thai is UNREAL.

Our favorite are the tofu bites. Just get them, the sauce alone is worth it.

Like everyone else says, be prepared to wait a little for made to order food and enjoy!

Prince Albert, Canada
“Great meal”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We had been told about this place from a few locals who recommended it. We had a mixed plate appetizer, curry dish and a pad Thai which were all good. Nice to be able to choose which level of heat in the spices. Staff were friendly and helpful. Check ahead if you have your heart set on a certain night since it is not open every night.

• Visited January 2013
Colorado
“So fresh and tasty in every bite!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Belle does such a nice job of keeping her restaurant tidy and decorated beautifully to create ambiance for her diners. Her food is so incredibly fresh and mouth watering. We often get the Orange Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken. Her sauces are amazing, she can alter how spicey, which is nice. We get it to go and she even creates beauty in the to go box with flowers and mint leaves. Sometimes, the food can take a while, but thats what happens when it is so fresh and they are so busy! I would eat here once a week atleast!

Visited January 2013
Clemson, SC
“Surprisingly good Thai food in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I went here several times during my 6 weeks in Samara. The curry dishes were great, as were the service. However, the pad thai was very disappointing, probably the worst I've ever had.

• Visited December 2012