We stayed at the Mirador de Samara for one week and enjoyed it. Apartment is great with a million dollar view of the bay from our very spacious deck. No mosquitos and a pleasure to sit outside in the evening.
Pool area was a bit disappointing with not much shade but, hey, there is 5kms of beautiful sandy beach only five minutes away. Yes, the grounds are dry but it is the "dry" season and Costa Ricans are into conserving water.
The climb up to our apartment was considerable but we are two seniors (75 & 69) and it gets easier every day. Lighting is not great on the steps but we always carry a flashlight for walking at night.
Max, the owner, lives on the premises and takes pride in his property. He was always pleasant and helpful.
Don't be afraid to stay here. Location is the best and the deck always has a cool breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Mirador de Samara is built high on a hill, about 40 meters above sea level, commanding a panoramic view of the village, beach and ocean from every room and terrace. The beach is just a five-minute walk away. The building is constructed in stricty north – South position which allows the ocean breeze entering into the rooms during daytime and atnight bringing cool breeze from the mountains behind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Mirador de Samara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirador De Samara Hotel Playa Samara
- Mirador De Samara Costa Rica/Playa Samara