“Enjoyable Stay for three nights” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Giada
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
Reston, Virginia
“Enjoyable Stay for three nights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

After staying at Tico Adventure Lodge for 4 nights, this seemed like a palace. Although Tico Adventure Lodge was cool, the bed there was AWFUL.....(I will do a separate review for TAL), so I was thrilled to be able to sleep without waking up 5000 times in the middle of the night. The staff was always friendly and greeted me everytime I walked through the lobby. (Maybe they read the previous reviews and are trying to improve this area, because I seriously didn't notice any rudeness whatsoever...oh, wait a minute...just one sort of rude person. I asked for one more towel for my room and instead of saying sure thing, she argued with me that since I was only one person in the room, I should only get one large towel and one hand towel. I had to make an argument for this until she finally gave in. I originally had four towels, but after I asked to have my towels changed I only found these two, so therefore I asked for more. I followed her to the room where the towels are stored and there were plenty of towels for her to give away. So in that instance I was a bit taken aback...but all in all it was a nice experience. There are actually two pools here, with the second pool surrounded by a nice grassy area with chaise lounges and chairs. The bar is right there, so if you want a drink to take to the pool it just makes it even nicer. I did not see any ants in my room at all, unlike Tico Adventure Lodge. My room overlooked the street, and I was told that because of that, the the sliding glass doors were extra thick glass to keep the sound out, and they were great. My room was super quiet. I slept like a baby each night. Also the rate is lower if you pay cash, so keep that in mind. the food at the restaurant was delicious and I really did not think that dinner for two with appetizer and wine included for $25 was not outrageous at all. This place would be even better if they had refrigerators in the room. The location was great, the staff friendly, food good and rooms comfortable. If you want a massage, Samara Massage is a five minute walk and for $40 a bargain no matter where you live. Also, check out Olga y Carlos, artisans who make incredible jewelry. I found an incredible shell on the beach and I took it to them and they made me a beautiful necklace which I will treasure forever.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

Made a visit to the hotel during holy week, normally not somewhere I would stay, but decided to try one of the high class places in Samara. Paid $90 per night which is REALLY expensive in Samara, but thought I'd give it a go. The room was OK, it was confy, not big, but it was ok. It was infested with ants, you couldn't leave a cup of juice or anything for 10 mins because you couldn't even touch it again. The staff? They have weird mood swings, sometimes they were nice, like at check in, through the stay they mainly remained nice, but towards the end, total douches. We decided to play a small trick on the cleaning lady, and we did a pan we did not use under some of our personal things, and put them out of her way for cleaning, when we came back she had reported us for having it! So much for doing your job! . The pool was really nice, and the overral look of the hotel. The parking outside was ok, kind of cramped, there was a guard outside (I wish I had seen him before I left, I would have given him a pack of Smirnoff, which I left by accident at the reception, did they call me? NO). The staff, def need a lesson on customer service, the food at the restaurant is really good, BUT VERY EXPENSIVE. ALSO, be VERY careful when you leave your room, the door does not CLOSE! You need to slam it!. It's an OK place I guess, not somewhere I'd go back and pay $90 per night, until they give the staff a lesson or two on customer service, and perhaps fix the ant problem and door problem. PRO: It's totally quiet at night, you can sleep and rest well. The pool area is nice and relaxing. CONS : The rest.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
Dear Guests,
Hello, good morning. We were glad to have you as a client here at Hotel Giada. Thanks for your review on Travel adviser we welcome all review.
On the price please note that it was Gold Season rates. For the ants problem as you know since you live in Costa Rica we live in the Tropic and in April & May there is a problem with insects which the hotel spray to try to control this problem. As far as I know the hotel staff is always nice to the clients and try to be helpful whenever it is possible, the pan if we are talking about a cooking skillet yes the housekeeping staff was correct for reporting it for safety reason. Please note that from 10 pm to 6 am there is 2 guards however please note their job is not to sit around they do move around the hotel to make sure that there are no problems for any of the guests. After you left the hotel if you would of called and ask about the pack of Smirnoff we would of tried some way to send it to you at your cost however you never contacted the hotel on this. Any problems the guests has with the hotel we do try and correct any problem that may come up on the door I would say you did not report this due to if you did it would have been fix after all it only take less than 5 minutes to fix. Once again the staff does there upmost to be helpful.
Manager
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights in March 2011. The rooms were clean and the pool was nice. The breakfast was just ok and the service was dead slow. It's pretty well located on the main street with some cool bars 2 mins walk away and the beach just 5 mins away. My biggest gripe was the price. $80 a night! Not worth it in my opinion as there are much nicer and cheaper places in Samara. As this is one of the bigger hotels around, there is less of a personal service. The staff are grumpy and slow at service. We moved on to another place in Samara and were much happier.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
Dear Guests,
Hello, good morning. We were glad to have you as a client here at Hotel Giada. Thanks for your reveiw on Travel adviser we welcome all review. The high seasons rates are reasonable please understand that Hotel Giada has not rise there rates in 5 years. The staff has always tried to do there upmost to be nice and helpful to all clients of Hotel Giada.
Manager
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

We stayed here during our trip and it was fabulous! The beach was less than a 5 minute walk down the road. The hotel is attached the an italian restaurant= delicious food!! The staff were so friendly and willing to serve/help you. We booked a tour through the hotel and it was fantastic! I would definitely recommend it & stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

The hotel itself is a little rustic but the staff, those folks are truly there to make your stay pleasant especially David, Lourdes and Dounya. The food was always very tasty and the location is right where you want to be on the main street, 9unless you want to pay the significant differnce for a place on the beach.0

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stayed on bike hike trip. pool was welcome.
Rode our bikes on the beach... so very cool.
Great food here too.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Trento, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

We visiting the costarica and we go for 5 night in this hotel.
The place is wonderfull, relaxing and all,
The food is excellent italian kitchen with original italian product and the owner, giorgio and staff is ready for all you need.
We really suggest to go!!
The beach is big and suggestive ++++++
REALLY RACCOMANDED