Hotel Giada
Hotel Belvedere - Playa Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$57
Hotel Samara Beach(Playa Samara)
US$76
Hotel Sol Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$68
Hotel Samara Pacific Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$73
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
Rancho De La Playa(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$107
US$113
Travelocity
Hotel Samara Inn(Playa Samara)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscosta ricahotel staff isan italian restaurantstay there againice machinecharming beachbeach communitybreakfast includedground floorlovely little hotelstayed at this hotel for nightspool areadecent sizenice place to stayair conditioningclean hotelsamara beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2011

A short walk to playa samara. Hotel was clean and vibrant. Though no hot water and was just lovely. The accommodations were excellent, but I would not recommend the restaurant for dinner or lunch.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed for 7 days at Giada during May 2011. This being the first stay in Samara, we weren't sure what to expect of the accommodations in the area. Giada has 2 pools (1 which seems to be more of a decor for the restaurant), air conditioning that won't disappoint you on the hot days, and is in a great location. Additionally, the adjoining restaurant had awesome food, and the service was pretty darn exceptional. On our 7th night, we received a call from the front desk... they were actually asking if they could treat us to a free dinner! We gladly accepted and had a yummy dinner and a couple drinks!

Thanks to the staff at Giada for an awesome stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2011

After staying at Tico Adventure Lodge for 4 nights, this seemed like a palace. Although Tico Adventure Lodge was cool, the bed there was AWFUL.....(I will do a separate review for TAL), so I was thrilled to be able to sleep without waking up 5000 times in the middle of the night. The staff was always friendly and greeted me everytime I walked through the lobby. (Maybe they read the previous reviews and are trying to improve this area, because I seriously didn't notice any rudeness whatsoever...oh, wait a minute...just one sort of rude person. I asked for one more towel for my room and instead of saying sure thing, she argued with me that since I was only one person in the room, I should only get one large towel and one hand towel. I had to make an argument for this until she finally gave in. I originally had four towels, but after I asked to have my towels changed I only found these two, so therefore I asked for more. I followed her to the room where the towels are stored and there were plenty of towels for her to give away. So in that instance I was a bit taken aback...but all in all it was a nice experience. There are actually two pools here, with the second pool surrounded by a nice grassy area with chaise lounges and chairs. The bar is right there, so if you want a drink to take to the pool it just makes it even nicer. I did not see any ants in my room at all, unlike Tico Adventure Lodge. My room overlooked the street, and I was told that because of that, the the sliding glass doors were extra thick glass to keep the sound out, and they were great. My room was super quiet. I slept like a baby each night. Also the rate is lower if you pay cash, so keep that in mind. the food at the restaurant was delicious and I really did not think that dinner for two with appetizer and wine included for $25 was not outrageous at all. This place would be even better if they had refrigerators in the room. The location was great, the staff friendly, food good and rooms comfortable. If you want a massage, Samara Massage is a five minute walk and for $40 a bargain no matter where you live. Also, check out Olga y Carlos, artisans who make incredible jewelry. I found an incredible shell on the beach and I took it to them and they made me a beautiful necklace which I will treasure forever.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Made a visit to the hotel during holy week, normally not somewhere I would stay, but decided to try one of the high class places in Samara. Paid $90 per night which is REALLY expensive in Samara, but thought I'd give it a go. The room was OK, it was confy, not big, but it was ok. It was infested with ants, you couldn't leave a cup of juice or anything for 10 mins because you couldn't even touch it again. The staff? They have weird mood swings, sometimes they were nice, like at check in, through the stay they mainly remained nice, but towards the end, total douches. We decided to play a small trick on the cleaning lady, and we did a pan we did not use under some of our personal things, and put them out of her way for cleaning, when we came back she had reported us for having it! So much for doing your job! . The pool was really nice, and the overral look of the hotel. The parking outside was ok, kind of cramped, there was a guard outside (I wish I had seen him before I left, I would have given him a pack of Smirnoff, which I left by accident at the reception, did they call me? NO). The staff, def need a lesson on customer service, the food at the restaurant is really good, BUT VERY EXPENSIVE. ALSO, be VERY careful when you leave your room, the door does not CLOSE! You need to slam it!. It's an OK place I guess, not somewhere I'd go back and pay $90 per night, until they give the staff a lesson or two on customer service, and perhaps fix the ant problem and door problem. PRO: It's totally quiet at night, you can sleep and rest well. The pool area is nice and relaxing. CONS : The rest.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

Dear Guests,
Hello, good morning. We were glad to have you as a client here at Hotel Giada. Thanks for your review on Travel adviser we welcome all review.
On the price please note that it was Gold Season rates. For the ants problem as you know since you live in Costa Rica we live in the Tropic and in April & May there is a problem with insects which the hotel spray to try to control this problem. As far as I know the hotel staff is always nice to the clients and try to be helpful whenever it is possible, the pan if we are talking about a cooking skillet yes the housekeeping staff was correct for reporting it for safety reason. Please note that from 10 pm to 6 am there is 2 guards however please note their job is not to sit around they do move around the hotel to make sure that there are no problems for any of the guests. After you left the hotel if you would of called and ask about the pack of Smirnoff we would of tried some way to send it to you at your cost however you never contacted the hotel on this. Any problems the guests has with the hotel we do try and correct any problem that may come up on the door I would say you did not report this due to if you did it would have been fix after all it only take less than 5 minutes to fix. Once again the staff does there upmost to be helpful.
Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights in March 2011. The rooms were clean and the pool was nice. The breakfast was just ok and the service was dead slow. It's pretty well located on the main street with some cool bars 2 mins walk away and the beach just 5 mins away. My biggest gripe was the price. $80 a night! Not worth it in my opinion as there are much nicer and cheaper places in Samara. As this is one of the bigger hotels around, there is less of a personal service. The staff are grumpy and slow at service. We moved on to another place in Samara and were much happier.

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear Guests,
Hello, good morning. We were glad to have you as a client here at Hotel Giada. Thanks for your reveiw on Travel adviser we welcome all review. The high seasons rates are reasonable please understand that Hotel Giada has not rise there rates in 5 years. The staff has always tried to do there upmost to be nice and helpful to all clients of Hotel Giada.
Manager