“Great restaurant, great hotel!!”
Review of Hotel Giada

Hotel Giada
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Giada for a week at the end of our honeymoon, what a great place to relax and unwind reflecting on our four weeks in Costa Rica!! The room was great with a balcony overlooking the main pool, the staff were all super friendly and sorted any questions or issues instantly and the integral restaurant served really tasty food. The hotel is just a few minutes walk to the beach and is located at the top of the high street with easy access to banks, shops and restaurants. With the two cool pools which get both sun and shade all day and the beach down the road you are spoilt for choice. I would highly recommend this hotel in Samara.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Moretea
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your Honeymoon and the hotel and the restaurant. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica and return to Hotel Giada for a Anniversary. We wish you a great many years of happiness.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

WE had a really great time in this corner of world .
Hotel is a little magic paradise of relax and quite and restaurant is really good with italian quality.
Thx to the staff and MR giorgio. really appreciate his suggestion for the trip and activity around.

Room Tip: just have fun
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sara r
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you at Hotel Giada and that you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I spent quite a nice night in Giada Restaurant with my family. We were 4 adults and 1 kid and we all ordered different flavors of pizza (personal size). They all tasted delicious, and even the kid almost finished all her pizza. I personally recommend Pirata pizza!
Next time I go to Samara beach I can't miss eating at Giada Restaurant.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the restaurant and the meals here. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica as well as the restaurant and Hotel Giada.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

When I first arrived I thought how charming. Then once I checked in I was furious. It seemed like charging for a towel and no internet access were absolutely petty charges. Then I did not have hot water. I felt like changing hotels immediately. I don't appreciate being nickeled and dimed. That being said once the hot water issue got corrected (the next day) it was an extremely central location to Samara beach. The restuarant was excellent and I would reccomend dining there to anyone staying in Samara Beach. The staff is very nice and kind. I found out about their policy on charging for towels was to encourage people to be environmentally friendly. While I don't completely think that this is the entire reason, at least it is a reason that I can get onboard with perhaps charge a dollar more per room and include one beach towel per stay. There was one pool that was fairly small. Another pool was more like a water feature than a pool and is adjacent to the bar. If I was going back to Samara I would most likely stay there again. So after a rocky start it won me over and I can't reccomend the resturant enough.

Room Tip: I was located on the second floor right next to bar. I imagine that could get a little noisy if you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank katlat29
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Due to we are involve in the program CST with the hotel having 4 sheets out of 5 sheet is the reason for the sur charge on the beach towel when we started the charge, the towels uses drop by 80% in the first week. We are sorry for the hot water if this was reported before 5pm then it should of been taking care of on the same day however if it was after 5pm then it would be the next morning due to the maintenance leave at 5pm. We are glad that you enjoyed the restuarant and that you enjoyed the hotel as well. We hope you and your family had a happy Holidays and hope you will return to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This hotel was small, but perfect! Very very close walk to the beach, right on the main street in town and close to shops/restaurants. The room is nothing special but comfy bed, balcony and all we needed. The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. There are 2 pretty small pools but with a beach so beautiful just steps away I would not recommend hanging out at the pools.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you here at Hotel Giada and that you enjoyed the hotel. We hope you come back to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada. We would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

hotel giada is a nice place stay, if you plan on making day trips along the nicoya coast. the staff is very friendly and helpful, they've got a nice pool and their breakfast is very yummy. the only things I considered a downside were the size of the room and the tacky decoration... I got a room on the ground floor, so it was kinda dark too, but I guess if you get a higher one, you'd be fine. Worth staying, anyways. Plus, we had dinner at their restaurant one evening and the pizza was pretty good.

Room Tip: pick one on the first floor, in the back area. you'll get more sunlight and quietness.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mmmtrippingirl

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you here at Hotel Giada and we are glad the you enjoyed the hotel as well as the restaurant. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada. We hope you and your family have a very Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We drove to Samara without reservations and after looking at a bunch of hotels, we chose Hotel Giada. They gave us a small room with private bath across the street from the hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. It had a double bed, desk, light, and bathroom with hot water. The location is perfect. About a one minute walk to restaurants and bars and two minute walk to the beach. You are right there! We loved Samara.

Room Tip: We were hesitant to stay across the street above a shop but it was quiet, clean, and comfortable!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripgal926
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in front of the hotel on the other side of the street, we are sorry we could not put you inside of the hotel due to we was full at the time. Thanks and we hope you will be back as well as coming back to Costa Rica.