We recently stayed at Villas Kalimba for a fourth time. We reside in Costa Rica part time and on two occasions when we took visiting guests to Playa Samara and Playa Carrillo, we stayed at Villas Kalimba with our guests. The two bedroom casitas are perfect for bringing a guest along (or for couple with children).
This is our second tripadvisor review for this hotel and for a second time we rate Villas Kalimba at the excellent + level. This hotel is small (no more than 6 casitas - my math could be off by 1 casita mas o menos) and the casitas circle the pool. This means that wherever you end up casita-wise, you are virtually several steps from the pool. The grounds around the pool are well maintained and provide a tropical ambiance. Since the hotel is small, it is very easy to meet the other guests. As for access to Playa Samara (the beach), the beach is right across the street so you are maybe a I or 2 minutes walk from being in the ocean.
Roberto the owner is an Italian gentlemen who is the perfect host. He is a wonderful cook and all 4 times that we have stayed at Villas Kalimba Roberto has cooked a gourmet dinner for his guests. The other staff members (e.g. Diego) are extremely welcoming as well.
Playa Samara is HOT so you will want air conditioning in your hotel. The A/C at Playa Samara is wonderful and makes for an outstanding sleep experience. The casitas have small kitchens with refrigerators and cooking facilities. - we are ice people and really enjoy the freezer on the refrigerator.
But the biggest plus for us is that Villas Kalimba is pet friendly. Our small dog Neemo is now a regular there.
Almost forgot - 2 times (including the most recent stay) we have been visited by howler monkeys who come to the nearby trees. We have seen many howlers during our time in Costa Rica but never so close.
In a nutshell, we have enjoyed our four stays very much.
Bill, Linda and Neemo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are just steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches on the Pacific Ocean and within easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops, grocery, and other services. Our villas feature fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, internet connection, in-room safes, and 24 hour security. We offer a perfect and safe place from which to explore the many attractions of the area, or for relaxing in the swimming pool and inviting jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Villas Kalimba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Kalimba Hotel Playa Samara
- Villas Kalimba Costa Rica/Playa Samara