Do you want to visit paradise and be pampered by very caring and hospitable owners? Then visit Villa Kalimba in Samara, Costa Rica. My spouse and I, accompanied by our two adult children, have just returned from an enjoyable week at this family-owned Villa.
Roberto Carrer and his family were extremely hospitable, charming and helpful but very discreet- the perfect hosts who made us feel like family. We spent a very pleasant and memorable holiday. The hammock in the shade was a real treat!
At Villa Kalimba we were able to relax and enjoy the splendid environment where Roberto and his lovely family have designed five fully equipped villas, tastefully decorated in a New Mexican style with all the amenities you would want. In particular, the bed was the most comfortable one that we have experienced on our many travels abroad. Landscaping of tropical gardens that allow complete privacy surrounds the villas and you are just a few steps from the beach on the Pacific coast (you must also visit the nearby serene and lovely beach at Playa Carrillo). The discreet and very caring owners will ensure you are truly pampered. Their philosophy is this: offer guests an inviting environment and impeccable service that the owners would expect themselves if they were on holidays. Bravo Roberto, you have truly succeeded in this endeavour with an Italian flair and a joie de vive.
Roberto was also extremely helpful and efficient in making various arrangements from booking our taxis to and from San Jose airport, to our Horseback riding at Samara and the surrounding areas, and our Canopy and boat ride tours at Palo Verde National Park. All went without a hitch and the tours were as described. Roberto’s family also prepared a delicious five-course Christmas dinner typical of their Italian region and worked extremely hard in preparing the Christmas decoration that accompanied the overly abundant succulent dishes. This elegant and convivial Christmas dinner was offered at a very reasonable price.
Upon on departure, our daughter and son continued on to the Ostional National Wildlife Refuge for a two-week volunteer project saving the endangered species of turtles. Roberto kindly offered our children his assistance during their stay in Costa Rica if they required it. This is how caring and helpful the owners at Villa Kalimba are.
Villa Kalimba could not be improved upon. It was utterly superb down to the last details.
Luigi and Elaine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are just steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches on the Pacific Ocean and within easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops, grocery, and other services. Our villas feature fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, internet connection, in-room safes, and 24 hour security. We offer a perfect and safe place from which to explore the many attractions of the area, or for relaxing in the swimming pool and inviting jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villas Kalimba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Kalimba Hotel Playa Samara
- Villas Kalimba Costa Rica/Playa Samara