My stay at Casitas LazDivaz was a beautiful experience that I would highly recommend to anyone planning a visit to Costa Rica. I stayed here in January 2014 on a romantic getaway.
The casitas are located on a beach front property. Hammocks hanging in the palm trees overlooking the beach greet you when you arrive. These hammocks were perfect for an afternoon of cat napping and reading.
There are a small amount of casitas making for a peaceful and tranquil setting, not a lot of travelers hustling in and around to ruin your relaxation time. You can hear the ocean in the evening and it lulls you to sleep. In the morning, we would sit on our porch and beautiful birds would greet us. During sunset hour, there is a beachfront bench made of drift wood and we could enjoy a beer and relax as the sun went down. This is not your typical chain hotel experience. It is really something quaint, unique, romantic, and magical. Felt like a honey moon.
The casitas are so bright and airy. There are windows all around and you can let the fresh air in and enjoy the garden surrounding you. There are also dark curtains to shut out the light and for privacy. Everything was well decorated, clean, and comfortable. The woodwork in the casitas are also very special.
The property is located walking distance to everything (shops, markets, restaurants, the beach).
What made my stay even more special was the owner, Sara. You can really tell that she put a lot of love into this place. It seems to melt into the scenery that surrounds it. Sara was just a joy to be around and she made our stay a truly special experience. Something to remember and cherish. She was so helpful and knowledgeable but most importantly she was, GENUINE.
We spent half of our time at another hotel in the area, and it although it was nice, it just DID NOT COMPARE.
It would be a shame to visit Samara and not book your stay at Casitas LazDivaz. It is the perfect hotel to match the town of Samara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three stand-alone cottages in an intimate beachfront compound, for adults only. Each bright, breezy casita, shaded by many trees, has a queen-size bed, hot shower, ceiling fan, refrigerator, free WiFi, and safe; one, "Tina Turner," has full kitchen. Coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice served each morning. We practice sound ecological management. Share our excitement and concern for the environment and resident wildlife, from the armadillos to the zompopas. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casitas Lazdivaz Bed And Breakfast
- Casitas Lazdivaz Hotel Playa Samara
- Casitas LazDivaz Costa Rica/Playa Samara