“Great place, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Samara Tree House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Samara Tree House Inn
Ranked #5 of 32 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in the largest poolside unit and it was perfect. We were steps from the beach, right at the pool, had air conditioning, an outdoor table and a hammock. Our unit had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room area. They served a great restaurant. The people were lovely. You can't ask for a better location when it comes to the town, the beach and the shops. There's even a grocery store across the street. Samara is a great place to hang out.

Room Tip: The stilted rooms don't have AC so if you want air conditioning rent the poolside units.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent a couple weeks bumming around the Nicoya Peninsula and the Arenal area and we stayed in quite a few different hotels, from basic 1-2 star accommodations to an amazing 5 star resort, I have to say, nothing compared to the over-all "feel" at the Tree House Inn. The rates are awesome and the location is good. We stayed two nights in a bungalow, which was right on the beach, really, I don't think there is any way you could get closer. The interior is nice and comfortable but the best part is under each bungalow; there is a grill, table and a couple of hammocks, just steps from the beach. Directly across the street you'll find a small store with groceries, we bought the necessities over there and barbequed chicken and steak each night for dinner. The staff was so friendly, we even invited them to eat with us one night. I speak very little Spanish (basically none) but communication was never a problem. I really can't say enough about this place. We decided that next time we're in Costa Rica, we'll spend the majority of our vacation here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Misawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that I only stayed one night. From the very moment we stepped on the property, I was wishing we were staying a week in this place. I mean, the LOCATION. Right on the beach. Does it get any better?? We stayed in one of the beachfront houses. I could have swung in our house's hammocks ALL. DAY. LONG. It was the most peaceful, relaxing stay I think I've ever had anywhere. Now, moving on the the actual cabin. It had everything I could possibly need. I'm pretty sure I could live in one of these houses my whole life and be pefectly happy. There was a kitchen, a living room with huge windows that opened to the sound of the ocean, and a cute little bedroom and bathroom. The included breakfast was delicious, and I loved that it was served to you while you sat at your downstairs table. There was also a personal outdoor BBQ that I wish we could have utilized. Seriously - if you're going to Samara, you have to stay here. It will probably be one of the big reasons why I go back to Costa Rica.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I almost don't want to review this hotel because my selfish side wants me to keep it all to myself. We spent three nights in one of the beach-front treehouses and absolutely loved it. You are literally right on the beach, looking out mere feet from palm trees, sand, and waves. The windows across the whole front of the treehouse apartment open up to the air, so you feel like you're outdoors even when you're inside.

You can wander down to your own patio in the morning, where there's table/chairs (plus a grill and sink), help yourself to amazing coffee, and they bring you delicious breakfast (and the menu rotates each day of the week, so it's not boring). Then you can sit on the beach in one of the complimentary beach lounge chairs they have. Later, have a margarita by the pool, made at the hotel and well sized and delicious, then take a nap in the hammocks that await you in your own outdoor patio in the shade, mentioned earlier. There are several restaurants right on the beach within easy walking distance, once you feel like eating. Most of them you don't even have to wear shoes to, which just increases the relaxation for me.

Overall, the hotel was fabulous - peaceful, quiet, a great place to relax. Private, in that you have your own stand-alone tree house. Super friendly and casual enviroment, yet feels luxurious that you have your own hammocks/outdoor eating area/outdoor grill/separate living room and kitchen in the apartment/etc. The breakfast is included and was great - fresh fruit included every day. Samara's beach is beautiful, and we found the waves perfect for swimming (not too rough and not too calm). The staff at the hotel was very nice, very helpful, friendly. We loved the Samara treehouse and will certainly be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Grayton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff at the Tree House Inn was friendly and accommodating. We like to book resorts fully equiped kitchen and BBQ provided. And that was so. AC unfortunatly missing.
We stayed to this place 3 nights and than decided to move to the Caribbean coast Puerto Viejo.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Todd R
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Loved the tree house. Great location, on the beach, near restaurants and right across is a grocery store.
Staff is nice and helpful.
Setting is amazing, from the pictures, what you see is what you get.
If you go during rainy season, there will be a lot of flying ants in your room t night, it you spray off 1/2hr before you go to bed, you will get rid of most of them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank cdez99
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My review is a little late, had troubles with my Trip Advisor account.

This was our 2nd visit to Samara, we like it very much. When we were there last year we really liked the what we saw from the beach and thought that if we come back we should try it. Not that we didn't like where we stayed last year ( because we really did like it) but just to try. Because of a cancellation we were lucky to get room #3, it had the least obstruction to the ocean and beach.

We were there for 3 nights total. We arrived in the early afternoon, Heidi was there at the reception, greeted us, settle dour bill and showed us around. She is very friendly and helpful. I was not feeling well when we arrived, I was very dehydrated, Heidi pointed to the doctor in town and he gave me 2 bags of I.V. fluid and was OK in a couple of days! Thank you!☺

It was a one bedroom all wood paneling, kitchen, fridge stove, bathroom. It had all of the amenities you needed. The window facing the beach was great, you could see everything happening outside on the beach and we never closed the window, we just kept the fan on at night. It was enough. It was also great to fall asleep listening to the waves. The grounds are always well kept.

Under the room itself was a concrete pad with a table and chairs to have breakfast in the morning. It had a BBQ and 2 hammocks which was great for just hanging and doing some reading. The pool was very nice when you were hot to cool off. People were lounging around and talking with each other.

The staff were very friendly. You have the option of not have your room cleaned (which we did) for 3 days. To be a little more sustainable. We just asked for towels on the 2nd day.

You are very close to the center of town. There was a grocery store across the street if you really needed something, but a little expensive. There was a cheaper one through town.

I would definitely stay here again, it so convenient for everything.

Heidi was so kind to call the Ostional Reserve to see if the turtles were still coming ashore. They were still coming a shore but not in the large numbers. Heidi recommended that we try and be there for 6:00 p.m., so were decided to drive and have a look. Glad we did, it was awesome!! Thanks again!

If you decide to go, take the paved road instead of driving through town, you have to forge a river and the water may be a little high, as we found out. Also if you are not used to driving at night it could be a little nerve racking☺

Great experience, looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #3. It had the best view. Unobstructed view to the ocean and beach. If you want...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple