“lived up to expectation and more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Samara Tree House Inn
Ranked #4 of 33 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
south coast UK
“lived up to expectation and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

We had good expectation for Tree House after seeing other reviews and it lived up to them and more. I can not add anything to the other reviews. We had room 2 and great view of beach and sound of the surf. Spent 4 days relaxing at the end of our holiday and it was the best place we had. Did not want to leave.
Well done to everyone who helps to run the place.

• Liked — location great hot showers
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank wrinklies2go

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2008

I had high expectations having read the reviews already posted here. For once I wasn't disappointed. Samara Tree House is beautifully maintained, has a friendly helpful staff and a prime location. The owner is friendly and you can tell he really cares about the comfort of his guests and the quality of the hotel. It certainly shows. It's really the only choice for accommodations if your destination is Samara Beach. I also really enjoyed the adults only aspect. Kids are fine but I prefer peace and quiet when on vacation and that's exactly what you'll get here. The pool is small but being right on the beach it doesn't matter. I used it just to cool off when sunbathing or when I didn't want a swim in the ocean. WHEN I go back to Costa Rica I will most definitely stay here again. It's the perfect place for a romantic and relaxing getaway.

• Liked — It's very unique - great views and right on the beach
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

What a great find. We spent 6 nights right on the beach, white sand 10 feet away. The entire front opens up with a full view of the ocean and the gentle breezes. The bungalows are very nice and well appointed. Down stairs under your room is a very nice patio with Bar B.Q., Lounge chairs and Hammocks. It has a breakfast table nicely dressed with table cloth and fresh tropical flowers, where they serve you coffee and a full breakfast each morning in the open air. A new breakfact selection each day starting with fresh fruit which is on the table when you come down stairs. The grounds are nicely landscaped and very, very clean.The pool is really cute and a nice touch. The ladies each day take the fresh linen towels and make animal shapes and place flower peddles for eyes. Maria, the General Manager, her staff Yorlenny, Noemy, Didier and Danrelo were very helpful and pleasant. They really went out of their way to please us. I even arranged for fresh flowers and a bottle of wine in advance as a surprise for my wife. When we arrived it was beautifully done on the bed. The flowers and wine were in the middle of the towels which were shaped like a heart. I was concerned that something would go wrong and It would not get done. I sent a message to Maria before our arrival reminding her. I got a message back saying "no worry Mr. Rodney, it will be done". A big big thank you. There is even a mini market right across the street. Having a small kitchen in the units, that was very useful. Samara is a very small and quite village. TheTree House is the best place to stay and the beach which draws the surfers is very pertty. I have to commend "Restaurante Tipico" in Carretera (10 min. taxi ride). An Argentinian Steak house. Wonderful food, the owners who prepair and serve are just a delightful young couple. I had a 2" Rib I close to 32 ozs. $17. US, believe that. Several other little places on the beach, all within walking distance with good food. One last thing when you go to the store, get some fresh fruit for your Iguana friends and bread for the birds. You will have your own private nature show right out front.

• Disliked — We were pleased with all aspects of this property
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Covington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

The Tree House was just what I was expecting! We weren't disappointed at all and from the looks of it, it was the best place to stay in Samara. My friends and I rented out all four of the beach front rooms. They are right on the beach with gorgeous views and a big, picturesque window that you can open and listen to the waves. Below, are the hammocks and BBQ's. It was really fun to have cookouts all together on the beach. The pool was right outside our doors and the breakfast they served each morning was perfect to wake up to. The staff was always willing to meet a special request. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Right on the beach, fully stocked kitchen, hammocks and the BBQ, view from room
  • Disliked — bug net over bed (although room WAS clean, don't get me wrong.)
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a week during our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. It's the only hotel/inn directly on the beach in Samara. The people who work there and manage it are extremely friendly. The breakfast every morning is wonderful and the location can't be beat. I would recommend staying in rooms 2 or 3 because they have the best views of the ocean. Samara is a lovely beach town which is small and easy to navigage but there are still plently of things to do and several good restaurants. We would definitely recommend a visit to Samara and definitely stay at the Tree House.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Ellsworth,MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Tree House for 2 weeks in Feb, and couldn't have been more pleased. The grounds were exceptionally clean thanks to the staff. Ester,Dedere,Jordalani,Jowanni,Miguel,Nuami and Victor went out of their way to make sure all the guests were comfortable and well taken care of.From our observation this was the nicest place in Samara. Don't hesitate to ask Ester to coordinate any outside activities during your stay.Make sure you have your finances in order, as we ran into quite a few travelers that had problems obtaining money from their debit/credit cards in Samara.The local people were genuinely kind and helpful,and we would highly reccomend the Tree House to anyone seeking a truly relaxing vacation.

• Liked — Cleaniness and uniqueness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

This is simply the best hotel in Samara and at a great price too! My friends and I booked all 4 of the tree houses in Nov. over Thanksgiving and all the rooms were very clean with a great view and location on the beach! We BBQ'd almost every night we were there as each room had its own BBQ and fully equipped kitchen! The free breakfast each morning was perfect. They even went out of their way to make pancakes for us one morning (by overhearing my friend mention he was hungry for pancakes). The staff was very friendly and I felt very safe at this hotel. If I ever go back to Samara, I will stay here again!

• Liked — Location to the beach, cleanliness of room, unique hotel!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends