I just returned from a 5-day stay at the Tico Adventure Lodge and had an AMAZING time. I stayed at several cabinas throughout Costa Rica on my way to Samara Beach and the Tico Lodge was by far the best - the rooms were big with plenty of shelves and hooks for all of my clothes, products, etc. The closeline outside my room was great for beach towels and bathing suits....The decor and vibe of the place was perfect - a true jungle oasis - I could not believe there was a pool! Great for lounging after the sun and sand of the beach. Such an incredible value - AND during high season. It's only a couple blocks from the beach - an easy walk.
You MUST go on the Sunset Dinner to Barrigona Beach (right by Mel Gibson's estate.) Chris, the owner, organizes it with his brother Charlie - they are super laid back and fun. And those Texans can cook! The food was AMAZING. The beach and sunset were so beautiful - they took my breath away. And it was great to bond with some of the other guests of the Lodge. But anyone can go - space permitting.
I also got a surf lesson from C&C Surf School (Charlie runs it) and took the kayak tour to snorkel. WELL WORTH THE $!!! I was able to get up on the board my first time, thanks to my instructor, Samurio. Such a great feeling and work out. The waves are pretty mellow so it's a great place to learn or perfect your skills.
My fav restaurant was El Lagarto located on the beach - great BBQ and not too exp for the quality of food. Tabanuco was the spot to get your dance on - great music and people. Ladies night on Thursday! ;)
To sum it up - I had an INCREDIBLE time at the Tico Adventure thanks to Chris and his staff who made great recommendations on what to do and where to do it. PURA VIDA! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a tropical oasis during your Samara Beach vacation. Our hotel opened in December 2004, away from the bustling main street, amongst a lush, green, jungle-style garden. Near the center of Samara, the Tico Adventure Lodge is just 120 meters (100 yards) from Playa Samara and a short walk to restaurants and services. Wake-up in your clean, comfortable room surrounded by the exotic sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tico Adventure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tico Adventure Hotel Playa Samara
- Tico Adventure Lodge Costa Rica/Playa Samara