All reviewspalm treesboogie boardssmall poolcinnamon rollscevichefruit truckcosta ricalounge chairsthe ownerfresh fishdeluxe roomhonor systemcorner storeocean wavesfish marketother guestsin town
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I just passed another wonderful 8 days at the Fenix. Seems that I always meet new interesting friends when I am there.
With Samara center a short 15 minute walk, plenty of restaurants and shopping then simply escape to the tranquillity of the Fenix.
Thanks Phyllis and Bill!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I stayed for a week in their lovely hotel. Simply beautiful and peaceful. A 15 minute walk to town on the beach. Hotel is on the beach and the views are spectacular, a beautiful sunset every night. Peaceful sitting area with lounge chairs and tables and a few hammocks. We were often blessed with the presence of a pair of Howler Monkeys strolling through the trees above us! Rooms are nice, clean and having the kitchen was a plus. Fully stocked with everything you need to make a quick meal. The staff are pleasant, one of them even sewed together my husbands flip flop! The owners are extremely pleasant and very helpful regarding things to do around the area and will gladly call a cab if needed! And don't forget to go to their daughters bakery (within walking distance) she makes the best cinnamon rolls! And that is just one of many of her specialties. Roots Bakery!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough on our stay at Fenix Hotel. My daughter and I arrived late, traveling from Jaco, I had knee surgery 8 days before, and the Fenix Hotel was ideal for relaxing, stress free. Everyone was very nice and made walking easy for me with my walker. I ended up with medical problems from surgery, Phillis called her Dr and got me in right away, needless to say, I was grateful for her kindness. We stayed for 5 days. I do not know where those horrible pictures came from, everything was super clean, the maid checked everyday to update bedding, and cleaning. We have a cleaning company in the states, so we know what to look for on cleanliness. The Penix was spotless. To me , this is a 5 star oasis

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I have stayed with Phyllis and Bill many times over the years and I always feel comfortable, safe and best of all that I'm living on the beach and enjoying it like a local.

There are six comfortable "cabinas" with full kitchens, and only a little pool, hammocks and palm trees between your steps to the beach. Last visit, when the seafood guy came by my sister bought shrimp and fish and our German neighbors BBQ'd it along with theirs! It's easy to become like family here!

Bring lots of bug repellant stuff!!! Be ready to see monkeys, coatis, frogs, iguanitos, coral and shells. And know that if you need any help with tours, transportation or whatever that Phyllis or Bill can make it happen.

Best thing this trip was their referral for a massage. She's Danni Mares, and she's beyond great! I had two massages at the Fenix on the beach but she also has a studio. l have already booked for my visit in January!!

Room Tip: There are ceiling fans in all rooms but If you can't live without air conditioning, get #6.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I went to the Fenix Hotel with my husband for a week end and we had a lovely stay. The room has everything you need and the owners very nice and helpful. Just in front of the beach, this is a relaxing and quiet place, perfect to rest. I recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple