We found this place after a horrible night at another hotel that was rated number 3 and is now number 5. This was a sight for very tired eyes. Amazing customer service by Cody, Esterling and the rest of the staff. Thank you so much for doing our laundry!
My daughter, husband and myself loved this hotel! Every morning we awoke to howler monkeys. We would hike down the very steep driveway before breakfast and walk the road to see what animals we could spot. After spending the day checking out town and the beaches, it was such a treat to hit the refreshing pool which was surprising cold.
It is situated a little outside of town, up a steep hill with beautiful views in all directions. It is only about a 4-5 minute drive from downtown Samara or a 20 minute walk. There is a little market (verde iguana) very close to the hotel.
Go to Playa Carrillo. Beautiful wide beach with nothing but sand and trees on it.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It was one of our favorites in a 3 week trip around Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 10 rooms that all have a magnificent view of two different beaches as well as mountain and jungle views. All rooms come with: Queen-size bed, Air conditioning, Wireless Internet, safe, small refrigerator, private balcony with ocean view and hot breakfast included. We are located a short distance from Samara and the beach which allows guests to take short 15 min walk or an inexpensive taxi ride if they so choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Lodge Las Ranas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge Las Ranas Hotel Playa Samara
- Lodge Las Ranas Costa Rica/Playa Samara