“Beautiful and Homey!”
Review of Lodge Las Ranas

Lodge Las Ranas
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My friends and I stayed at Lodge Las Ranas for 4 nights. Being on a hilltop, it has such a beautiful location.

Cody, the owner/manager, helped us in every way we needed. His staff was really friendly and seemed very happy. Its a smaller place and so the whole experience was very welcoming and homey.

I am an animal lover and each day we spotted a new animal moseying about in the forest surrounding the lodge.

The rooms were VERY clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EllieRooo
LLR-CR, Owner at Lodge Las Ranas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Hello Liz,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are are very happy the hear you enjoyed your time with us here at Lodge Las Ranas and the different animals Costa Rica has to offer. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Saludos,

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We found this place after a horrible night at another hotel that was rated number 3 and is now number 5. This was a sight for very tired eyes. Amazing customer service by Cody, Esterling and the rest of the staff. Thank you so much for doing our laundry!
My daughter, husband and myself loved this hotel! Every morning we awoke to howler monkeys. We would hike down the very steep driveway before breakfast and walk the road to see what animals we could spot. After spending the day checking out town and the beaches, it was such a treat to hit the refreshing pool which was surprising cold.

It is situated a little outside of town, up a steep hill with beautiful views in all directions. It is only about a 4-5 minute drive from downtown Samara or a 20 minute walk. There is a little market (verde iguana) very close to the hotel.

Go to Playa Carrillo. Beautiful wide beach with nothing but sand and trees on it.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It was one of our favorites in a 3 week trip around Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shannon M
LLR-CR, Owner at Lodge Las Ranas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Hola TravelMonkey73,

We would all like to send our thanks to your for the wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. It is the most important thing to all of us that everyone leaves with a great experience.

I'm sorry that I was in San Jose on business for most of your stay. I hope see you the next time around!!

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 1 December 2012

the owner cody was very nice and we enjoyed a stunning view from our private balkony. we would always come back and take a swim in the wonderful pool area!
it is up the hill, so you have to have a car when you choose to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
LLR-CR, Owner at Lodge Las Ranas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Hello Evistern,

On behalf of all of the staff from Lodge Las Ranas, I would like to take this time to thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel as well as the natural beauty we have here in Costa Rica.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I traveled right after hurricane Sandy in Nov 2012. The hotel (but luckily all my hotels) were very cool working with me as I changed and re-changed my dates. Early Nov is the end of the rainy season. The hotel was just ramping up as I arrived. I would not reccommond traveling to Costa Rica in Sept and Oct based on what people in country told me about the challanges during some rainy seasons. Anyways, on to this hotel. Cody who is the manager went above and beyond. From local restaurant advice, to asking if I needed anything when he was running out to the store, to making local calls to see if a bike shop 3 hours away would do a tour, he did it all. Super nice ex-pat from canada. Had a lot to talk about too just shooting the breeze, as I was traveling solo. Hotel was nice if you want the jungle experience, overlooking the jungle and the playa samara. If you want a 5 star resort experience where everyone is falling over themselves to pick up after you this isn't it. But if you want adventure, a clean comfortable room, and a nice beach town vibe, while not being an overcrowded tourist trap - this is a great destination for you. Overall - totally recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GOBIlls213
LLR-CR, Owner at Lodge Las Ranas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Hello,

We would like to thank you for the wonderful view. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Samara as well as here at Lodge Las Ranas. I hope that the rest of your trip after you left us was equally as enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Even before our arrivel, Cody was a great help on everything. During our stay, he was even better. The rooms are very clean and the view over Samara is superb.
Thats no douth that the people from the hotel make a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012
LLR-CR, Owner at Lodge Las Ranas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Knowing that our guests have enjoyed their time at Lodge Las Ranas is the most important thing to us.

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your time in Costa Rica and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Pura Vida,

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Very compfy, clean little hotel, hosted by Cody, a young Canadian who makes his grandpa's dream come true. Within 1 km from the Samara Beach, supermarket nearby, no moskito's and free wake-up call from the howlermonkeys out of the nearby forest. (:-)). Amenities include nice and well maintained swimming pool, terrace with nice view, A/C and fridge in our room. Cody and his right hand Sterling will give you very valuable advice on what to do around Samara!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marion_vdB

Hello Marion,

Thank you for your kind words. We are always happy the hear that our guests have enjoyed Samara and the services of our hotel.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Is the perfect place, it’s quiet, relaxing, very helpful staff, a lot of animals, birds, nature. It has all that you need to have the best time in Samara.

It’s a bit far from downtown, but no so far, it’s about a 1Km, actually, this is something really good, because you won’t bothered by the noise of the ATV’s, cars, or other people.

The rooms are very nice and clean, you will find a fridge, internet access, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, but there is no TV (I don’t need it anyways).
The pool is great, very clean, I think is the best place after the sunset. The breakfast is really good, coffee was great!

I’m looking forward to go again to this magical and peaceful place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mauzumo

Hello Mauzumo,

I would like to take this time to thank you for writing a review for Lodge Las Ranas. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, services and the beautiful town of Samara.

See you soon!