The wife and I decided to do a beach tour of the Tamarindo area and visited several beaches. Many of the roads are terrible and we had to cross a river between Nosara and Samara. The nicest thing about our trip though was this wonderful little lodge Las Ranas that is on the top of a hill close to Samara beach. I agree with other comments that the roadway up needs work and there isn't much of a parking lot but the lodge itself is a wonderful refuge. The staff are friendly, the breakfast is included and the rooms are well maintained. There is air-conditioning in the rooms and nice hot water / cold water showers. It has a wonderful swimming pool that is cleaned and well taken care of. Everything works...television, air-conditioning, locks, toilet facilities and we didn't have any concerns. There is security at night and you can rest in peace. As the lodge is on top of the mountain, there are geckos, iguanas and monkeys that come to visit. The birds are plentiful and it is a peaceful, serene lodge that is worth your time to stay at least one night. The only discerning comment I would make that I wonder about is that Costa Rica prides itself on the "Puda Vida (pure life) " and taking care of the environment. There are signs next to the toilets that state not to place toilet paper into the toilets because of the type of septic system and there are visible piping runs going down the hillside from the apartments. One would hope they terminate into some type of tank or finger system. The backside of the apartments still have the "construction look" at the base of the apartments and could use a little area beautification around the grade beams.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 10 rooms that all have a magnificent view of two different beaches as well as mountain and jungle views. All rooms come with: Queen-size bed, Air conditioning, Wireless Internet, safe, small refrigerator, private balcony with ocean view and hot breakfast included. We are located a short distance from Samara and the beach which allows guests to take short 15 min walk or an inexpensive taxi ride if they so choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lodge Las Ranas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge Las Ranas Hotel Playa Samara
- Lodge Las Ranas Costa Rica/Playa Samara