“Most rewarding vacation so far”
other travellers have booked this property
Spectacular Pool and Beach Club w/ Your Villa! Pool, Gym, Spa, Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Yoga Studio
Your Space to Enjoy Enjoy the Hammocks under the Rancho
Room 1 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 2 (2 Full Beds) & Bath
Room 2 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 3 Bathroom with Tropical Outdoor Shower
Room 3 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
One of Three Pools Available to You
Sunset Therapy Steps Away
World Class Beach Club Steps Away from our Villa
One of 2 Spas inside our Resort for you to Relax and Enjoy
Surf the Famous Little Hawaii Break
Your nearly private beach, one of 3 beaches available to you
Beautiful Beach for you to Enjoy!
Incredible Sunsets Steps Away from the Villa
Two Hard Surface Outdoor Lighted Tennis and Pickleball Courts and Club On-Site
Two Mountain Bike Trails (beginner and advanced) with ocean views On-Site
Ride Horses in Tropical Dry Forest and the Beach; Equestrian Center On-Site
Gorgeous Sunsets on 1 of 3 Nearly-Private Beaches within Hacienda Pinilla
This Daily View Steps Away from Your Villa is Sure to Make You Happy!
Birds-eye View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This is All Yours to Enjoy with a Stay at Our Beach Villa!
Aerial View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 12
Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spanish first
Any
Jim T
Dublin, Ohio
“Most rewarding vacation so far”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We booked with Pura Vida House on the recommendation of a friend, I have to say I was so very pleased that we did. Jorge, Stephanie, and the surrounding neighbors of Paso Hondo all felt like family by mid week. The immersive feel of the trip was so far superior to a resort in my opinion, getting to know the fun stories of the local nick names and how folks came by them was priceless. Jorge and Stephanie work very hard at doing as much or as little as you want when it comes to activities, and were able to adjust to our requests at the drop of a hat. We will be back next year.

22 Mar 2014
Thank you very much for the nice review, greatly appreciated! Steph and I felt by the end of the week like we had known you both and the rest of the group for a much longer time. The way you changed your life for the better by adding more exercise and eating healthier is very inspiring to us. Your laughs and positive energy are missed here at Pura Vida House. We were serious when we mentioned that you have new friends in Paso Hondo as well as in Columbus, OH. You both are awesome, hope to see you guys again very soon up north! Mucho Grande Pura Vida, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
Lori C
Dublin, Ohio
“Our Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We just returned from Pura Vida House and we loved our visit there! Jorge and Stephanie make this a wonderful vacation by being the most caring, attentive, knowledgeable and fun hosts anyone could ask for. They take care of every detail once you arrive so that you have a very personal and special experience of Costa Rica. We went deep sea fishing (4 of us caught 2 tuna each!), saw the giant turtles lay eggs, learned to surf, went sea kayaking, snorkeling, had massages on the beach, swam in the ocean multiple days and had an impromptu lunch of freshly caught red snapper and lobster on the beach with the locals. We were busy, but not too busy to enjoy the beautiful location of Pura Vida House and to get to know the neighbors, take a cooking lesson, go horseback riding, exercise, swim in the pool, hike the mountain, herd cattle, sit on the porch enjoying a libation or a coffee and dance to a Marimba band after dinner as part of a birthday celebration. It was wonderful to spend time with the local people and explore the quiet and beautiful beaches and towns of Guanacaste. The home-cooked food made by Pastora was plentiful, healthy and delicious and was another highlight for us. I highly recommend PVH if you are an adventurous and energetic person who wants a balance of relaxation and activity and appreciates socializing with other guests and your hosts Jorge and Stephanie. My husband and I loved it and we can't wait to go back.

22 Mar 2014
Lori, thank you very much for the nice review, greatly appreciated! Your enthusiasm and contagious energy are missed here at Pura Vida House. You got all the kids in the Paso Hondo community exercising daily, having a great time and laughing. And Al kept us laughing non-stop for a week. Plus, I truly think that his Spanish got better by the end of the trip, hee hee. You both are awesome, hope to see you again very soon! And as Al would say … Mucho Grande Pura Vida, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
Laura M
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

From the moment we arrived Steph, Jorge and Pastora made us feel at home. We were introduced to the local culture, experienced the rodeo, and some of the most beautiful beaches. Walking the beach at night to witness Pacific Green turtles laying eggs was amazing and the night sky was even more amazing! The beautiful hidden waterfall and volcano visit complete with mud bath and hot springs was worth the 2 hour drive. The entire trip was packed full of activities, information and fun!

17 Mar 2014
Hi Laurie, thank you for your review, greatly appreciate it! It was lovely to host you and Steve at Pura Vida House for a week. Remember that you have new friends from now on in Costa Rica as well as in Columbus, OH. We wish you and the family a wonderful summer and please keep in touch, hope to see you soon! PS: Tell Steve to try to play against 4.5’s, it will improve his game exponentially; and for you, try to keep on playing tennis, you have a very good natural ability for the game, keep playing and you’ll improve very quickly! Pura Vida, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
omrc_tenn...
Upperco, Maryland
“Better than a cookie-cutter resort”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I have stayed at fancy all-inclusive resorts and they are very nice, but staying at Pura Vida House is an unforgettably unique Costa-Rican experience. My group of 13 men and women, solos and couples, ranged in age from mid-20's to late 70's -- eleven tennis players and 2 non-playing spouses. Jorge and Stephanie welcomed us with open arms to their all-inclusive bed and breakfast and made sure that everyone in the group had everything they needed, and did all the activities they wanted to do (ziplining, tennis, snorkeling, R&R, turtles, volcano, waterfall, exploring, horseback riding, pottery, rodeo, marimba music, dancing). The best part of our too-short one-week stay was being part of the local community and meeting some of Jorge and Stephanie's neighbors and friends. We got to experience the real Costa Rica, or at least one small part of this wonderful, eco-diverse country. I definitely plan to return to Pura Vida House with another group in the future, and look forward to spending another week (or longer) with our wonderful hosts and new-found friends.

17 Mar 2014
Dear Mindy, thank you so so much for the kind words about Pura Vida House as well as about Stephanie, Pastora and myself. We were very honored to have hosted you and your tennis group last month! We had a blast with everyone on and off the court. Everyone’s contagious energy made the week fly by! The Pura Vida House doors will always be open to you, your family, and your tennis groups! Pura vida, Jorge and Stephanie Morera.
George M
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Definition of Pura Vida”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Accommodations a little sparse, the food very good. Jorge, Stephanie and Pastora go out of their way to make one feel welcome & comfortable.There were four of us in our group. All of vastly different physical abilities, interests & ages. (22 to 76) They made us feel like we were visiting family in the dry, dusty area of Costa Rica. They found us great bird watches, beaches, turtles and other wildlife. How often does one encounter a collard anteater? They introduced us to the local culture. One MUST attend a bull riding event. Steph & Jorge even found us excellent medical & dental help when we needed it and felt our most vulnerable. We feel like we have added a new niece & nephew to our family.

Travelling group: Family
15 Mar 2014
Hi George, thank you for your review, really appreciate your feedback and truly enjoyed having you and the family with us at Pura Vida House for a week! The anteater photo that Karen took is definitely the best photo anyone has ever taken here; both Canelo and Vagabundo got very lucky that day, hee hee! Hope to see you guys soon either in Columbus or Cincinnati. Pura vida amigo! Warmest regards, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
Mike M
Chicago, Illinois
“Why did I have to leave ?!!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Well, it was a sad goodbye as we shook Jorge's hand and bid adieu for our return flight from Costa Rica back to "ChiBeria"(Chicago). It was aprox 85 degrees as I stepped on Copa airlines(Best rate I believe you can get to Costa Rica and no baggage fees so bring your clubs) at 10:00 AM and after a few hours layover in Panama I stepped into a -13 below zero PUNCH (not a slap... ) in the face. Tried as I did, the flight crew finally pried my hands off the plane door and kicked me off as much as i pleaded to let me go back :). Still haven't completely recovered from the shock as I sit here in -4 wind chill writing this review... but, my memories of my recent vacation at Purda Vida house keep me warm and smiling as I write.
From our swimming in a "hidden" waterfall / lake to my 2 seconds surfboarding ride I was finally able to complete on the beautiful beach at Tamarindo (Hey, not bad for a 60 + year old attempting to complete an unchecked item on his bucket list :)), it was one of the finest times I've had. Whether playing golf on the beautiful ocean side private course or just hanging out at Purda Vida at night as the cool mountain breeze swooped down while drinking a cold refreshment and watching a night time sky show as good as any I've seen in a planeterium, each day was unique and relaxing. One of My favorite times of the day was hanging out after a delicous local meal prepared by the fabulous chef Pastora and hearing the stories and backgrounds of the various guests we had the pleasure of meeting. Ok; I'm taking a lot of space here ; So, I'll just sum up by saying In my humble opinion; It's what a vaction should be all about: Mainly relax, enjoy fine local meals, Stay away from tourist traps, meet new people and set you own pace to do as much or as little as you like. Check out Purda Vida, you will be glad you did.

1 Mar 2014
We're so, so glad you enjoyed your vacation with us (and so so sorry we couldn't do anything about the weather back home!). We had a wonderful time meeting you and getting to know you! You have a huge heart, and are a lot of fun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us up on here, we really appreciate it. I hope things start to thaw out up there for you. I will let you know how the gin and raisins work out when I have my father try that for his arthritis :-)

Please know you have good friends now down here and in Ohio if you're ever out that way.

Stephanie and Jorge
Mark W
Cary, North Carolina
“Unsurpassed vacation”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My wife and I arrived at the airport and were met by Stephanie as if we were family. And that feeling only grew at the house, where we met Jorge and the other guests (again, like family) and got settled in. The atmosphere at the house is open, warm, genuine and fun. Jorge and Stephanie have boundless energy, contagious enthusiasm and, yet, they are very sensitive to the ebbs and flows of each guest's needs. Pastora makes wonderful, authentic, food for you and you are catered to at every turn. Accommodations are standard but clean, private, and more than adequate considering the location! Lovely new pool. But it is the beautiful surroundings, birds, animals and, especially, the people that are the real indulgence. If you're willing, you will learn much and be enriched - not just pampered.

The environment at Pura Vida House allowed us to invest ourselves in a vacation in a way we never thought possible. We partied with the locals; rode horses and zip lines like children; lounged on private beaches like movie stars; engaged in philosophical conversations with the other learned guests; rocked silently in chairs nudged by a perfect evening breeze; explored and hiked, gazed across pastures and felt mountain mists. Memories of blessed times etched forever and new friends made. Thank you, Jorge and Stephanie!

1 Mar 2014
Wow, thank you so much for the kind and eloquent words. It really means a lot to us for you to take the time, it really helps us out.

I can say with certainty that we had a blast with you guys, and only wish you could have stayed a bit longer. We're honored you trusted your vacation to you, and so glad you enjoyed it!

You have new friends in CR and in Ohio!!

Steph and Jorge
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing