“A real bargain”

Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Costa Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Located 100 meters from the beach across from Witchs Rock Surf Camp. FT's has great food, with large portions for a great price. There is something for everyone. We offer a pool table, fooseball, and darts. With having 3 big TV's there is always a game to watch.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Surprised this place offered all it did for less than expected, always a nice surprise when this happens. Fresh food well done at a great price, what more could you ask for.

Wdeesdad, General Manager at FT's Tamarindo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

We strive to offer a large amount of food for a good price and at the same time try to keep it as authentic as possible! We give a lot of pride in how our burritos and very large casados for a lower then typical price in Tamarindo.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

For a laid back and local experience, FT's is a must in Tamarindo. Pool tables and Sports TVs make this a fun experience.

We are happy that you liked our laid back local experience. The best way to explain it is by using one of the local saying Pura Vida! We try to cater to everyone’s needs whether it’s the food, drinks, sport game, or just playing a fun game of pool or darts.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a business owner in Tamarindo, we've had the opportunity to sample lots of different restaurants. We had heard great things about FT's monster burritos and decided to give them a try. Firstly, the staff is very welcoming and Gabby was quick to offer a cold cervesa and a menu. When I saw that I could pick all my own ingredients in the monster burrito, for a mere 3500 colones ($7) I was giddy. No rice inside for me!! I picked chicken, cheese, corn, beans, sour cream, and avocado. (I'm sure I'm missing some ingredients but they also offer jalapenos, fries and rice). The burrito was more than enough for a meal. It was so good, so full of ingredients. FTs is now our go-to place for burritos. They also have live music on Friday nights. The owners, Allyson and Jay are great too. We left FTs feeling like part of a family and we will definitely go back!

Wdeesdad, Manager at FT's Tamarindo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

In Tamarindo we have a very small community and are always pleased to have other business owners come to FT’s. We want to please both locals and the vacationers and try our best to meet both expectations! We are known for our burritos we like to give the customers an option to put what they like in there burritos by giving them a check list so it meets their liking! We are glad that you feel part of our family and can only hope that we give the same experience to every customer that comes in.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We ate at FT's for the first time this year with a group of 24 people. The owner was there and she was so friendly! She told us her story about how she moved to Tamarindo from Canada. The service was quick even for our huge group. The burritos were outstanding! Delicious and a good size. We liked it so much we went back the next day. We will be back next summer!

Thanks for bringing down such a big group and for your coming back for seconds! We are happy to hear that our standards of service were up to par. We make it an effort to give the high quality of service whether it’s a large group or one person. It’s good to know that our burritos match our customers standards! We are looking forward to seeing you again this summer!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was at FT´s last week with a bunch of friends. It was my first time there. Tuesday is their Fish Taco special and drink special is the Margarita. I was not very hungry and did not how big the Tacos were so I ordered 2. I would have been fine with just one, but they were so good I ate both. They have a large menu with several things to choose from. It is a nice and relaxing atmosphere for lunch or a casual dinner.

Thanks for the great review and we are happy that we met your expectations. Here at ft's we have a high standard and work to meet everyone's needs and wants. We are happy that you enjoyed our fish tacos. Taco Tuesday is one of our best night we offer good cheap food with happy hour drink specials.