“Vegan friendly, excellent service!”
Review of Wabi Sabi Sushi

Wabi Sabi Sushi
Ranked #43 of 236 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Come and enjoy the best SUSHI in Tamarindo Town at WABI SABI SUSHI. Very nice place with A/C and nice music. We offer Sushi, Nigiris, Seafood Tempura, Miso Soup, Salads, Bowls, Naturals drinks, Sake, Wine, Beer and more. It will be a pleasure to serve you!
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to dine while the owner was there. His enthusiasm for the sushi showed in both the presentation and taste!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

A small sushi restaurant that has lots of variety. Considering where we were, the sushi was really good. Me, being picky regarding my sushi, I wish it had a bit less rice and more fish. The fish slice were thin on the nigiri and the caterpillar rolls. The cut rolls had a good amount on the spicy tuna rolls. Which by the way, I really enjoyed. I liked that they used chunks of tuna not mixed in the spicy sauce. The spicy sauce was put in the rolls. I usually never order spicy tuna because I always worry about subpar tuna being used when mixing with the sauce. I would definitely recommend going to this place. The staff is very friendly and wants you to enjoy your experience eating sushi. **Table next to us seemed new to some of the dishes, the staff really took time to suggest dishes they may enjoy.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were warmly greeted by staff who seated us straight away. The menu was easy to follow for any sushi novice, but as a family we chose a 44 piece platter to share. We also all ordered mint lemonade. One of the best parts of this restaurant is that you can see the sushi being freshly prepared right in front of you, not only making you even more hungry, it also shows the skill going into your food which I found refreshing. The only minor issue I had is that I was very thirsty, and our drinks didn’t come until our sushi did, in hindsight I probably should have asked for water as well. The wait for food wasn’t long, and the food was presented so well! There was equal amounts of everything for everyone which was brilliant, and the sushi (every piece) tasted divine. Our family favourite was the Tico roll - it had a sweet sauce and tempura flakes on top which added to the flavour and texture. The drinks were so good too! After our meal one of the staff came over and had a full conversation with us. The restaurant was empty and he took the time to speak to his customers. He seemed really interested and gave us a warm feeling. His English was superb, and he was so proud of Costa Rica which is always a plus. Really enjoyed our experience there, we will be returning!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We took the combo platter for 30dollars which had 40 pieces (enough for 2 sushi lovers). They were all very good and very well presented. The person serving us was very helpful and even made a costume fresh lemonade with no sugar like we asked. If you suddenly feel like eating sushi this would be the place in Tamarindo. The down point would be the localisation. An extra effort could be made in the decoration of the place to make it look more original

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Great service, food & atmosphere!!! Prices are great too! Highly recommend this place. Amazing owner and staff. Loved it!!! Sushi was to die for