“Perfect”

La Botella de Leche Hostel
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing to complain about! Great people, great country, great guests.

You are near downtown and also near the beach.

It's perfect to go on a trip with friends or with your couple! Don't miss it.

Always clean and you have an awesome pool to chill before going to the beach.

5 stars.

Always recommended!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My stay was wonderful! Super affordable, the staff which I guess is the owner and the guard at night were incredibly sweet and treated me like a daughter. I bought my own groceries and cooked everyday, so it made my experience even cheaper. Which is always nice.

My co hostel people were really nice, very friendly, I love meeting people from I all over the world. The place was clean and the pool was awesome.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I will first state the positives - the lady on the phone was kind (perhaps the owner?) and the guard at night was super cool.
That's about it. The other guests apparently could not read Spanish OR English. The place was vile because of how little respect the guests had. Garbage all over the floor...filthy kitchen. Noisy until the wee hours of the night. I had three nights booked but checked out an hour after checking in on the first night. And ran like a bat outta hell in the morning. (At least the guard kept me company and we took the bus together.)
Would not stay here again. And the pool is pretty to look at by I would imagine not clean at all, considering the condition of the rest of the place...

Room Tip: Don't think there are any, unless you get a good group of people.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

It s not bad, it s not excellent, it is very average. Location nothing but okay, nice pool, restaurants nearby, but I found the hostel quite noisy (depends on people, of course). For the price it is okay, but i really believe that the bathroom could be cleaner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I loved this hostel, it is just a short walk to the center of Tamarindo, but far enough away that you are not bothered by a lot of noise. They have a nice pool, and large kitchen for cooking. The location is right near a supermarket, so cooking your own food is easy, a must for me when I'm trying to live inexpensively. Great hostel, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: make a reservation!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

A very nice and cozy hostel just outside the busiest area at Tamarindo. The rooms are tidy and spacy. A lot of backpackers, so good oppertunities to meet new people. During low season there was no problem with overbooking. During high season, I've heart its very popular - book in advance. Thumbs up for a small and clean pool.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

$12 for a dorm with bathroom and AC is pretty good going in Tamarindo espcially when the beds/bedding are of a decent quality like the ones in La Botella.

The place has got a good vibe due to the cow theme and its kept very clean. There are spaces to socialise and the kitchen is well equipped too. The location is fantastic as well since its not in the middle of town so its very possible to have a good nights sleep here, and then its only a 2-3 minute walk to the town or the beach.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo