“Pottery Lesson Here is a Must Do!!!”

Guaitil Pottery Studio
Ranked #7 of 29 Shopping in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rican pottery workshop and store. Local Artist Arbin Espinoza Guevara hand builds and fires all pottery onsite. The studio is open to the public every day and pottery lessons are available. Please see our website for more details.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Holland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pottery Lesson Here is a Must Do!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I just recently took the $60 lesson where you get to make a piece to take home and just loved the experience. The technique is really neat, but so different from what I was used to. I am used to a traditional potters wheel and this is nothing like it. The instructor is really great and the lessons pushed me out of my comfort zone which I appreciated. In the end I had a great time and have a piece of pottery with a great story behind it. This would also be a great experience for someone who has never done any pottery, but who would like to learn.

The store is kinda hard to find at first, If you have a GPS is at the end of 152 in Tamarindo where there is a small traffic circle and beach access next to the Surf Shack. It is set back a bit from the other stores and hard to see at first. You really must check it out if you are in Tamarindo.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank KarenInHolland

Midland, Texas
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We took our Girl Scout troop to Costa Rica as a senior trip. While there, we took a pottery class with Arbin. It was so much fun. We started with a bag of soil from the side of a mountain and left with a custom made keepsake of our time in Tamarindo. Arbin was patient with us and worked around our schedule so that we could complete a piece. Such an amazing experience and I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Great”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The pottery was hand guided, but the instructor tried really hard to make you do it yourself, so your piece was your own! I really enjoyed the experience, and I have a really special souvineer!

Visited December 2013
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in Flamingo for the month of July and frequented Tamarindo. I took lessons from Arbin and had an absolute ball. I had my 10 year old daughter come as well and she loved it. You need at least a week to be able to finish a piece. So worth checking out even if you are looking for one of a kind souvenirs!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 41Katydid40
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“interesting place to visit”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

stopped here as a part of the palo verde national park trip. it was really interesting to see the potter making pots in the traditional methods. the skill and craftsmanship was good. the souvenirs were nice as well. while I might not have come here on my own I am really glad I got to see this.

Visited July 2013