“Fun place to eat, decent grub”
Review of Eat at Joe’s

Eat at Joe’s
Ranked #54 of 189 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fun place to eat, decent grub”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The location of this place is great, right next to a surf shop and brewery. It is the only place in Tamarindo that we found micro-brewed beer. It was good beer! The nachos are AWESOME and everyone in our group liked their food.

Visited March 2014
WRSC, Guest Relations Manager at Eat at Joe’s, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Yes, the location and surrounding atmosphere is certainly one of the best in Tamarindo. Joe's is a cool place to eat, relax, check the waves, and try some of Costa Rica's finest micro-brews. Very soon we will be brewing right next door and will need some taste testers :) Thank you for coming by and reviewing us. Pura Vida!

Tamarindo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have come to Tamarindo every fall and spring for the last five years. And since the first time we went to Joe's the service and quality have gotten worse to the point that we have now sworn off every going there again. Before you say it's just the Tico way, sit back and relax, I get it but the last time was the final straw. To try and get a simple breakfast menu took forever, the food was ok but nothing near worth waiting for and wait we did! Never did get my cup of coffee, regardless of asking politely three times. There is no excuse for poor service especially when there is hardly anyone seated. To top it off after waiting an eternity to get our bill, I paid it will a large denomination and the waiter said "Thank you very much Sir" and walked away assuming the change was for a tip. Hold on cowboy, not so fast! But I let him get away with it and thought the best recourse would be to tell everyone to avoid this place and eat somewhere else. Not like there is any shortage of places in Tamarindo!

Blaine, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Four of us rode bikes there a few days ago and stopped for breakfast. It took 20 minutes to get a menu and there were no more than 6 tables there when we sat down. More tables were seated and served breakfast before we even got water. It was another 10 minutes before they came and took our order and that was only after I got up and tracked someone down. I can't imagine how this place would be if it were busy. This is the first bad review I have ever done on trip adviser for a restaurant so this one really stood out. Our waiter only paid attention to us when it was time to pay the bill and it was tip time. This is exactly why the built in tip deal in Costa Rica really bugs me. I am a big tipper but it means "to insure proper service" so if you don't get It, I should not have to pay it. There are plenty of great restaurants in Tamarindo so I would steer clear of this one.

• Visited March 2014
“If you r a party people, or hungry or thirsty people ..this is where it's at. ;)”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Friendly, fair, fun & food. What more do you need? It's on the beach, is attached to the best surf shop n surf people in town. Never a dull moment. This easy going pura vida lil spot is the hub for everything, just ask ;) they have BBQ'n & parties regularly. Don't miss out!!

Monroe, New Jersey
“Favorite Tamarindo Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our go to restaurant when in Tamarindo. It is located at Witch's Rock as entering the town, so you don't have to hassle with the traffic if you don't want to. Prices are reasonable with a view of the beach. Often there are surfers. My husband and I like the nachos and share a plate. The big Ed's burrito is another favorite. We like it all. Service was slow on our last visit, which is unusual.