“"Home Away from Home"”
Review of The Breeze

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
The Breeze
New York City, New York
“"Home Away from Home"”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Finding a title for my review was hard as others had covered all the names that came to mind. Other reviewers have also covered the basics. This was my first villa rental and it did not disappoint me in the least. I am 100% glad I choose the Breeze over a hotel as I loved being ground level in an intimate environment. I loved the decor, grounds, staff, the monkeys that came to eat dinner each night over my villa. The peacefulness there is great... Usually it takes me 5 days to unwind from NYC life while on vacation and I felt an immediate calm upon arriving. I loved the proximity to the beach and town. I loved having Kaliki just down the block open for all meals and their chocolate cake with ice cream. Did I mention the staff - Fantastic! They arranged all my excursions, drove me to the big supermarket and greeted me with such genuineness each time. The villa had all the amenities I needed. The kids loved the bi-level pool and were always looking forward to cooling down there as there is a wonderful "breeze" there which is refreshing when Tamarindo is hot. This was my paradise while in Tamarindo. I hope you chose to make it yours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raquel326

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at The Breeze for our first three nights in Costa Rica. What a soft landing! The entire place is beautiful with well-maintained and lush gardens and a gorgeous pool. Only five condos, all of which are alike. We stayed in number 2 and it was perfect. We were four adults and a four year old and it felt like plenty of room.

There's a nice kitchen with good coffee to make each morning. The bedrooms are nice sized and comfortable, each with great bathrooms. There is AC in each room which keep the whole place cool. There's also a beautiful grill and eating space shared by everyone. We didn't get to use it, but had dreams of doing so.

The environment is quiet, just on the edge of town within easy walking distance. It feels spacious, clean, and Annabelle (caretaker) and May-lin (manager) are super nice and helpful. We felt like we were in a little paradise just away from the hustle of Tamarindo. So close, but feels secluded and far away. Beautiful!

You'd only make a mistake by not staying here...

Room Tip: 2,3,4 are right next to the pool.. we stayed in 2, which has a grand opening to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Breeze is well located just at the edge of town and within easy walking distance to restaurants, grocery store, equipment rentals and shopping. The 2 bedroom accommodations were perfect for our family of 4 and common spaces were beautiful. The pool and surrounding area was perfect, the landscaping was lush and everything was very well maintained. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and have already recommended it to several friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was the best vacation that I have ever been on down south. We were so relaxed that we completely lost track of time and actually thought we had to leave a day early, to our great surprise we found out that we in fact had gained an extra day. The breeze is beautiful we stayed in villa # 5 and it was spacious, clean and quiet. The patio is very nicely surrounded by flowers so that you have privacy all day long. The breeze is located in a really nice spot in tamarindo and we walked everywhere all week. I would recommend the breeze to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2013

we had a great spring break at the breeze. highly recommended for families, quieter than the beachfront properties. no need to brave the mediocre restaurant scene in tamarindo, at the breeze just fire up the barbecue and eat in. liked their loaner beach bikes and surf boards.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Our thanks to Annabella, Jose, and Letizia for taking such good care of us My husband and I traveled with another couple and we shared a villa at The Breeze. I would have been perfectly content to just while away the days lounging by the pool, watching all the beautiful birds, and watching and listening to the howler monkeys make their daily visits. I cannot believe how loud these guys are!! The beach is within walking distance from the resort. There are also many wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment within short distances from the villa. To stock up on coffee, soft drinks, water and snack foods, there is a grocery store very close to the resort. For all the active people out there, the resort provides boogie boards, surf boards and bicycles for your use.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Our stay at The Breeze in Tamarindo from Feb. 24th thru March 3rd 2013 was absolutly wonderful. We were greeted warmly by the staff upon our arrival. The proximity to the beach was great. The pool could not have been designed any better. (Villa #2 for the best view of pool) The gardens are well cared for and the BBQ deck came in handy for grilling dinners. The location just south of downtown Tamarindo is perfect. Close enough to walk to the hot spots but far enough away for quite nights. The gated property made us all feel so safe throughout our visit. Cannot say enough about the kindness of the staff! We WILL be back!!!
Pura vida!

Room Tip: Villa #2 has best view of pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple