“Transformative - Just what the Doctor ordered”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Fourth Dimension Resort
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The Fourth Dimension is a delightful retreat from the stress of everyday life. Steve Budd met me at the airport in Liberia and pointed out the sights along on the drive to the resort. I came to drop out and recharge and found a spiritual existance like no other. Visited Palo Verde, Playa Grande (best beaches anywhere), Santa Cruz and other areas of interest to numerous to mention. Steve Budd accommodated my every need and Dinky went jogging with me every morning. I love that dog what a funny, sweet girl. Steve's insights and knowledge of the area where invaluable, The meals, service, pool and natural beauty of the ara far surpassed my expectations. If your looking for a little slice of heaven, "where nature knows no boundary", this is the vacation for you. I left knowing that I will return to this amazing spiritual place like no other. Thank you Steve and Nancy!

Room Tip: email Steve and Nancy Budd at Fourth Dimension
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2011

This small resort can compete successfully with even large resorts for service cleanliness.The food was prepared on site and delicious,every meal ! We were pampered by the pool,fresh soothies, they even did our laundry. Beds were comfy, hosts were friendly, informative . Our experience was deeper because our Hosts took us to local places and translated for us.We went to local meetings and met people fro all over the world.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Hosts Steve and Nancy went out of their way to accomodate us. The lodging was spotless and Steve cooks up a great Costa Rica style dinner. We really enjoyed the nearby zip lines and the deep sea fishing. The hosts helped set up these activities for us. In the mornings we would be served breakfast outside overlooking the forest. The Howler monkeys provided the entertainment while we eat. A unique feature of this lodging was the showers off the bedrooms. When you open the shower door you walk into a walled outside shower. The shower is completely private and you have a feeling of being with nature while showering.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2010

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay with Steve & Nance
Budd at the Fourth Dimension Resort. The resort itself was a very pleasant
surprise! The setting is phenomenal - - nested on 28 acres in the beautiful,
serene mountains of Western Costa Rica. It is perfect for a spiritual retreat
& get-away.

The resort is luxuriously built with a beautiful exterior complete with red tile roof, & large windows, lovely pool & patio area where we breakfasted & lounged while enjoying the music and beauty of the tropical birds, the antics of the howler monkeys & the iguanas. Inside there are large rooms with big bedrooms, walk-in closets, wonderful private outside showers, comfortable & tasteful teak furniture, and a huge open & lofty great room. Nance has worked her decorating magic throughout. The resort is comfy & oh so clean!

The food by master chefs, Steve & Kotia, was outrageously good at the resort. In addition we were treated to great cuisine in Tamarindo’s best restaurants as well as other nearby towns & villages.

Our days were filled with hiking the jungle trails around Fourth Dimension Resort, enjoying the beaches & surf, looking for sea turtles, enjoying a pottery making demonstration, swimming, sun bathing, relaxing, reading, playing cards, movies and attending meetings. Our gracious hosts even allowed us to win at Skip-Bo & my husband could tag along to meetings. We were truly pampered by the very capable staff. I was treated to a special birthday celebration complete with a flower arrangement by Kotia! As an extra bonus, we had the benefit of Steve, Nance & Kotia’s knowledge of the local customs which allowed us to do all the fun tourist activities at Costa Rican prices - - what a savings! All in all, it was a great vacation with just the right amount of activities, fun, & relaxation.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My wife & I had the pleasure of staying at this resort over the thanksgiving week. The owners Steve & Nancy Budd were so accomadating that you feel part of the family. We were picked up at the airport, taken on a tour of the local attractions, enjoyed superb meals served at the resort by their wonderful staff. The rooms are beautiful. The resort is located within 28 acres of land with natural wildlife. Very relaxing. There is also a beautiful pool & sun deck. This is really the ultimate Costa Rica experience with all the luxuries one would expect at a 5 star resort. We are alsready making plans to return the early part of the year. My wife & I highly recomend this resort to anyone looking for fun, relaxation & 5 star treatment. / Dennis & Renee Sherman Jensen Beach, Florida

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2009

The Fourth Dimension Resort is an absolutely perfect place to be immersed in Costa Rica's natural beauty while still enjoying the comforts of a clean, cozy lodge. Each room displays furnishings handcrafted from beautiful local woods and a private outdoor shower. It is reminiscent of an open air hotel in Hawaii, from which you can enjoy a view of the jungle and listen for the sounds of monkeys in nearby trees.
Steve and Nance Budd welcome each of their guests as friends in their home, encouraging you to relax into the rhythm of the culture and the landscape, to enjoy the simple pleasures of Costa Rica's Guanacaste region. In less than fifteen minutes you can find yourself surfing world-class waves, or learning to surf for the first time on the beaches of Tamarindo. There is horseback riding, hiking through the jungle, ATVing, canopying, and overnight trips to Volcan Arenal or snorkeling in Samara.
Despite all of the activities, the most memorable and precious times of my trip included going to AA meetings in Tamarindo and sitting out on the patio chatting with Nance. The Fourth Dimension Resort truly offers an all-inclusive spiritual experience for sober adventurers like myself.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I cannot recommend the Fourth Dimension resort highly enough. I had no connection with Steve and Nancy Budd before my trip to Costa Rica but was recommended their place by someone I met on my travels. I needed somewhere to recharge my rather run down batteries before heading to New York.

Steve agreed to pick me up from the bright lights of Tamarindo one evening and I woke up in the morning to the sound of silence disturbed only by the surrounding wildlife. My bedroom was top knotch. The bed was very comfortable and the room was bright and airy, with pretty touches provided by Nancy. The bathroom was the best i had used in my three month trip. The outdoor showers rate right up there as my best shower. EVER. Interiors magasines love showing deep baths with low lights, candles and rose petals, but until you have had a hot power shower under the stars with the moon lighting you just enough to find the soap you have missed out. Big time!!

Breakfast was eaten by the pool looking over the jungle from the terrace. There is always something to catch your eye be it iguanas or the monkeys that seem to view Fourth Dimension residents as little more than curiosities as they pass by on their daily rounds to gather fruit. They are enchanting and if you are quiet you can watch them and their babies for ages, particularly if they have found a tree with plenty of fruit to interest them.

A word on the food. Katia looks after this and she is incomparable. She is full of sparkle, energy and warmth, and she transmits this into everything she produces in her kitchen. Everything I ate was fresh and had the power to lift me.

Much of the three days i spent with Steve and Nancy at the Fourth Dimension was resting up and taking it easy around the place with a bit of pool time as well. Both Steve and Nancy were delightful hosts - the perfect balance of attentive and discreet. If you want to recharge and revitalise your spirits I would not hesitate to recommend Fourth Dimension.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo