“We loved it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Villa Andalucia Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“We loved it”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

During our honeymoon we got to spend a 5 days on Villa Andalucia, in the casita with the private yard.

We loved it. the house itself is really comfortable, well equipped - it has got everything u need in it, we cooked there a lot, and the decoration is bea-u-ti-ful!!! For sure the bed was the best we slept in during our entire travel. On top of that, Garry and Jolene, the owners were very kind, nice and helpful. They did their best to make us feel as good as possible during our stay there - Garry picked us up the first day we met and took us to a detailed tour in town, they let us use the swimming pool in their yard and even woke up really early in the morning to assist us when we left.

The house is not at the best location (we didn't have a car), ~10 minutes walking to the beach and the restaurants, while what we though to be the best restaurant in town was very near to it ("Seasons"). They provide bicycle if needed, but we didn't mind to walk.

All in all Tamarindo is a small unpaved brach town, with good food and choice of good restaurants, we had a good time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our stay at Villa Andalucia exceeded our expectations. The owners - Gary and Jolene went out of their way to look after us. They took great care and effort in ensuring we had everything we needed to enjoy Tamarindo. This included a tour of the town when we first arrived with hints and tips, which was extremely helpful.

The room was beautiful and excellent value for money. It was clean, comfortable, well appointed, good air conditioning and extra little touches in the bathroom and kitchen.

The location was great, as it was a short walk into the main part of town and the beach, and the bonus of being away from the main street was how quiet it was. The property was also very secure. The shared area including lovely gardens, hammocks and a very nice, small pool was excellent. Gary and Jolene ensured that you felt welcome to use all of these areas whenever you liked - a nice oasis.

Maria's breakfast was excellent - it was served on the patio overlooking the pool. An awesome start to the day.

We liked the personalised care from Gary and Jolene combined with the beautiful rooms and outdoor area the best. Their recommendations for restaurants and activities were priceless, and our stay felt like we were home, not in a typical hotel room. Highly recommended all round.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I had the pleasure of spending an entire month with Gary and Jolene at the Villa Andalucía B & B and it was the best experience I have ever had.
My husband and I were there celebrating our 25th anniversary. My husband was there for just over a week while I stayed the rest of the month for much needed rest and relaxation. I felt blessed to have chosen Gary and Jolene’s B & B because if was everything others have written about and more. Actually words cannot describe the experience adequately, you have to go and enjoy to know how perfectly wonderful it is.
When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and shown to the Casita Seville. It was beautifully decorated, very comfortable and clean, with a private garden to enjoy. Gary took us on a tour of the area which was very helpful and interesting. We also enjoyed a second tour of the surrounding areas and Gary told us interesting stories and showed us many points of interest.
We enjoyed the beautiful grounds, landscaping, pool, and overall atmosphere. Truly the best part of our stay was our hosts Gary and Jolene. They are genuinely concerned for their guests comfort and go above and beyond to make the experience a true pleasure. They made us feel like we were a part of their family. Visiting with them is just so much fun and never a dull moment! The breakfasts are made to order with a wide variety of choices and Maria makes the best of everything offered.
After my husband left I felt the comfort of staying with Gary and Jolene and did not feel alone at all. They took very good care of me. Gary and Jolene needed to make a trip to Granada, Nicaragua and invited me along for the adventure (Again - above and beyond does not even describe their generosity.). I had one of the best times of my life there and felt like I was on a family vacation with them. Both my husband and I feel we have made a lasting friendship with Gary and Jolene and can’t wait to visit again! Thank you so much for your tender loving care and providing me with the vacation I needed and the best month of my life!

1 Thank Sandee61
San Francisco
Reviewed 2 July 2011

5 stars fails to adequately describe our recent experience at Villa Andalucia. While Tamarindo itself is breathtaking, Gary & Jolene have created a sanctuary that exceeds all expectations. Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by the warmth one might anticipate from long-time friends and that welcoming vibe continued throughout my stay. The Villa itself is exquisitely detailed, including all of the comforts I would hope for if I were to build my dream home. But the magic is in the hospitality. In all my travels (including very high-end resorts), I have not felt so cared for and my presence so appreciated. Gary & Jolene are simply joyful hosts who are uniquely suited to opening their home to guests. Thank you for the most captivating and peaceful part of my journey through beautiful Costa Rica - I can't wait to return!

1 Thank neverenoughtime
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2011

From the moment we walked in my boyfriend and I felt so welcomed by Gary and Jolene! You can tell they love what they do. We both feel like we found a hidden gem there. We want everyone to visit but love it so much part of us want to keep it all to ourselves. You cannot be disappointed staying there. The house is beautiful and they give you all the knowledge that locals have about the restaurants, tours and beaches. The first day we were there Gary took us to the larger grocery store so we could get some food to keep at the house, otherwise we used our bikes the whole week and it worked out so well for us! A car would have been a waste for us! All the restaurants they told us about were very reasonably priced and we felt very lucky after talking to other tourists because our accommodations as well as Gary and Jolene's knowledge of the area saved us time, money and made the entire trip so much more enjoyable!

We were so sad to leave the paradise and loved every minute of our vacation there. You cannot be disappointed staying with Gary and Jolene! They love opening their home to you and their hospitality is amazing!

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful place from April 20-29, 2011. Gary and Jolene picked us up at the airport in Liberia. We were greeted with smiles and hugs and headed back to Tamarindo. We stayed in the Casita Seville. This room is beautifully decorated and includes anything you may need for your stay. The bed is very comfortable with nice linens. It has a full size fridge, stove, microwave,and coffee maker. Breakfast is served from Mon-Fri, and you may order anything you can dream up...Maria will spoil you! Our breakfasts were wonderful from "tipico" to bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. Maria even made us my favorite rice pudding after mentioning I liked it....probably the best rice pudding I've ever had!
We were going to rent a car but Jolene had mentioned they had bikes we could use and most things are within walking distance. I'm glad we took her advice. We walked everywhere...the beach is about a 10 min walk.
We took surf lessons from Brooks which our hosts set up for us. He is a very patient teacher and we had a blast.
We also did a deep sea fishing trip and brought home dinner that evening which our gracious hosts cooked for us in their home.
After chatting at breakfast about what our daily adventure was going to be our hosts suggested a trip to Nicaragua. It is a short 40 min flight from Liberia. It's not something we would have thought of ourselves and we loved it!
I miss our time on the hammocks and our great conversations with Gary and Jolene the most! You may think it's impossible for all of these wonderful reviews to be true but I can tell you they really are that great! To say they go above and beyond doesn't even begin to describe how Gary and Jolene host this wonderful bed and breakfast! I can't wait to visit again and look forward to more time In the beautiful Costa Rica with our new friends at Villa Andalucia.

Room Tip: Both rooms are great, Seville is more private.