“This place was just what I hoped it would be”
Review of The Oaks Tamarindo

The Oaks Tamarindo
New York
“This place was just what I hoped it would be”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Hello to all travelers,
I recently went t o costa rica with my sister, mother and three yr. old nephew (a gal getaway). It was our first time there so I didn't know much about anything. At first I was going to rent a hotel room, but luckily I saw a review on the oaks condo community. I quickly did a little research, and soon sent an email. The very next day, sunday I received a phone call from a Robert Irvin. He supplied me with information, answered all of my questions, gave me immediate pricing, and then followed up with an email . I later found out he is always was unbelievably thorough.
The oaks is beautiful gated condo community, with 3 pools, plenty of parking, and 24hr security. The condo we stayed in was a lovely two bedroom condo. It was very much the best of both worlds. The appliances were new and modern, two lcd flat screen televisions, dvd player, washer dryer, dish washer, and separate remote controlled A/C in every room. The furniture was warm and rustic, lovely dark wicker living room set, queen size bed in the master bedroom, gorgeous spacious bathrooms, believe me it was more than comfortable.
Location was just as good (if you're renting a car). We were no more than 30 mins from everything. Tamarindo was maybe 15mins away (great place to surf), 10- 30 mins from 4 different beaches (I suggest la playa de las pirates), and 6mins from 2 grocery stores (I suggest the supper compra its way less expensive). Now, if you're looking for a party spot with lots a people by the pool and loud music and drinks out front, this is not the place for you. It is the perfect relaxing place to come back to after a day of outdoor tours, or just lounging by the pool. I'm in my late 20's just thought I'd mention it.
I remember how anxious and uncomfortable I felt when sending money to another country for a condo rental, but please believe me the Oaks was well worth the risk. Robert is the most efficient person, he will always respond, and I believe he's American so he and his staff speak both english and spanish.
I can not recommend this place enough!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarindo
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel
Sanctuary Condominiums and Retreat
Hacienda JJ
Hacienda JJ
#3 of 47 in Tamarindo

Been to The Oaks Tamarindo? Share your experiences!