“fun, good vibes!”

La Oveja Negra Hostel and Surf Camp
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“fun, good vibes!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at la oveja negra for a week and had a spectacular time there.
The owners are always around to help you with any information you need to move in town. The staff is great!
dorms, showers and common areas are perfect for a hostel in order to what you pay.

They also offer daily surflesson and surftrips , wich is a plus!

I wish i come back some day, I really recomend la oveja negra!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Agree with the last reviewer, this place is pretty run down with old utenils in the kitchen and ripped couches in the common area.
Dorms were spacious and beds comfy but the place is not very clean especially the showers and common areas.

Good place if you are looking for somewhere cheap and close to the beach and the supermarket.

There are better options in town like Tamarindo Backpackers

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came to stay at the hostel for a weekend with some friends and ended up working their for a month! Located right in the centre of town near to everything, and has everything you need in walking distance! The owners are really friendly people who will help you as much as they can! Really friendly and welcoming atmosphere! Will definitely be coming back next season and i recommend La Oveja Negra to everyone! PURA VIDA

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

La Oveja Negra was rated the top hostel to stay at in Tamarindo in Lonley Planet so booking our stay here seemed like a good choice. Overall, the place was pretty run down. If you're just looking for a convenient place to stay in town with a young, surfer crowd, then this place is for you. The walls are thin and it gets quite noisy at night so if you're a light sleeper, i'd bring earplugs. The owner (whom I believe was the bald guy) was very friendly though and was knowledgeable about the town's best surf lesson rates.

We originally planned to stay 2 nights but we ended up just staying for 1. For the price we paid ($25 pp / night), it was nothing spectacular, but it sufficed for a one-night pit stop.

1 Thank Frances W
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I came to Tamarindo to learn how to surf. I was originally only going to stay at this hostel for 3 nights then move to a new one but i ended up staying the entire time. Everyone there made it such an amazing experience I didn't want to leave. The surf instructors helped me out a lot. The from desk girl was pretty cute too. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

So my friend and I stumbled across this hostel as we got off the bus in Tamarindo. From the outside it looked like a chill place, and lots of people. So we decided to stay for a couple of nights. Everything was going well until we returned from dinner to find some guy sleeping in my bed that I just paid 15 dollars for!! When we alerted the owner/management, he said that the tourist came in the hostel after us and he directed him to my bed for the night, I said, why would you do that? You just directed me to this bed earlier and we booked it. All of my stuff was sitting on the bed too, so he apologized and said he would kick the guy out. Then when we finally laid down to sleep the bed frames were so loud and creeking! Everytime we adjusted our sleeping positions we were waking people up!!! Needless to say we did not get a decent nights sleep in this place. And the owner didnt even offer us a discount or my money back considering some drunk guy was sleeping in my bed!!! We will never stay here again.

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I got the chance to say here in December 2013. Had an amazing time getting to know the staff and everyone living there. The owners make the place welcoming and like home. I enjoyed learning to surf. The teacher where great and made it easy to understand how to catch a wave. Thank you! :D (The prices are good and reasonable for the area)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo