“Typical Costa Rican food at a reasonable price”
Review of Nuestra Casita

Ranked #122 of 189 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Playa Avellanas, Costa Rica
“Typical Costa Rican food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Really pretty authentic Costa Rican restaurant,just off the beach with good simple food and very reasonably priced for Tamarindo.It felt like we were at someones home! They were very good with our dog and the service was fast and friendly.Will definately be returning

• Visited April 2013

Little Elm, Texas
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I tried this place out one morning for breakfast and really liked it. Simple place, great omelet, great coffee, great price. Brush up on your breakfast terms in Spanish and you'll be good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TingleTravelers
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Became our go-to spot for food in Tamarindo”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I can't say enough about this place - we have eaten here more times than I can count and have been more than satisfied each time.

A local recommended it to us when we said we were looking for reasonably priced casado. Honestly, the pescado casado is so good that I haven't been able to order anything else. A very generous helping of rice, beans and fish is served with a variety of vegetables and is always served very promptly. It is probably one of the only places I feel comfortable going to being REALLY hungry because I know I will get my food quickly.

It's a very homey and casual atmosphere, convenient to the beach (not on it though) and town.

It was closed when we went at night once. In other instances, It it looks like they have lights up at night for a different type of atmosphere although I have not personally experienced it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth T
Brooklyn, New York
“Our first meal in Tamarindo!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My mother had presented us with the plane tickets to Costa Rica for Christmas, so as soon as we landed (in August) we decided we should go out for a Christmas dinner. We wound up at this restaurant and lo and behold, the tablecloths had Christmas trees on them! There wasn't a vegetarian casado on the menu, but they were very accommodating. I got a delicious vegetarian rice, some salad, and surprisingly good french fries! The ones who eat fish in my family all thought it was one of the best places to get it in Tamarindo. We wound up going back another day, because we liked it so much!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Molly M
Toronto, Canada
“Great Homemade Food!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Very Good Meals, great fast service, homemade meals, big plates enough to be really full and happy, i will recommend to drink a Guanabana Juice wich are amazing.

Visited August 2012