“Business Meeting Place”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tamarindo
“Business Meeting Place”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A great place to meet friends and business people. Although a little more expensive than other bars/restaurants in the area, "you get what you pay for". Friendly service and excellent surroundings.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, but our room was less than perfect.
Someone needs to wash the decorative pieces that go on the end of the beds, I won't go into detail other than Costa Rica is a very "romantic" place.
We didn't stay on the beach side, but had a lovely view of the 2nd pool.

• Stayed April 2012
San Mateo
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I came here on a surf vacation. I usually stay in 4 star hotels so this looked right up my alley.

The "standard room" is tiny. Especially if there are two people. My surfing buddy and I were barely able to move around inside the room & we only had two backpacks for luggage. they also gave us a garden view room (which has a WAY nicer pool).

We returned to the front desk and spoke to Marco. Seeing as how we could barely fit in the room, we asked for a larger one. It's the off-season, they should've had plenty. We asked for a large suite.

The 2nd room was larger. It was also in the corner of the hotel, had no balcony, small refrigerator was in the corner exposed, with dishes stacked on top of it. It was extremely dark inside because it had only a 3' x 3' window and the front door faced the garbage cans and employee parking for the hotel. It was like an oversized broom closet. It was worse than the 1st room.

My buddy and I returned to Marco at the front desk. I demanded a large suite. I even threw out the word "Presedente" hoping to accentuate how unimpressed I was with the 1st two rooms.

They hesitated and then showed us Suite 476. This was the one! It had a full kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a dining room, a living room with leather couches & a flat panel TV, it had a huge shower (with a tiled bench and glass wall, it had a seperate sink area (granite), it had a huge master bedroom with two king beds and a flat panel TV. Each room had A/C. bothe the bedroom and the living room had huge patios and a "backyard" grassy area that led down into the awesome oasis style pool area.

The linens were above average. The pillows were above average. The the kitchen had most items...just no bowls. I requested bowls be sent to the room but in 4 days they never came. We asked for extra towels...they never came. Maid service would show up around 2pm every day. Some days we got hand towels and wash cloths, most days we didn't.

The breakfast buffet was good, fresh and plentiful. The mojitos at the open air bar are phenomenal. Plus they offer 30 minute massages on the beach for $20. Location, location, location.

The hotel itself is by far the best one in Tamarindo on the beach. I would stay here again, I just wouldn't expect great service. It's a 4 star hotel with 2 star service.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Mark H
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I just returned from two days at the Hotel Tropicana. the hotel was sold and new owners are simply brilliant ... they all washed thoroughly change them bedspread, they redid the garden feels they have the taste to work. Andrew at the reception was incredibly kind, he quickly responded to our requests. it shows that he loves what he does they do it with sensitivity and passion. plus they speak three languages ​​French. English, Spanish and ...
lunch was parfais the portions are generous and made ​​us the leader of the eggs to our liking. simply delicious coffee ...
for the price they had a promotion during my time at $ 59 per night double occupancy with breakfast included perfect for families and surfers. I did not complain for the price this hotel is super, I'm very surprised to customer service and quality of services we imagine that for $ 59 we think we have no right to anything, its not the opposite be like a 4 star hotel but without paying top dollar. Congratulations to new owners and I souaithe your a beautiful continuity. for sure you'll see me again very soon ..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Apparently one can only write a review every three months for each place visited. I visited three months ago to Diria and booked a tour (and paid in advance as required) through their tour desk in the lobby. DO NOT USE THEM! They took my money and the tour guide never showed up. They told me they would refund my money in 6-8 weeks - still hasn't been done despite my nagging and nagging. I will write every three months to TripAdvisor about this. ARGH!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SingapuraCat
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Truly an amazing place with wonderful staff. My husband and I stayed at Diria for 7 nights and had no complaints - that is pretty amazing in it self. The hotel is right on the beach and you have a private entrance directly to it. The continental breakfast was delicious - very hardy, not just bagels and cereal. They have a wonderful concierge there with the name of Rolando - he was helpful to me even before we arrived in Costa Rica. He helped me book my shuttle from the airport and sent me a packet of details for different tours and trips we could take once we arrived. When we got to CR, he was extremely friendly and helped suggest different bars/restaurants we could go to on a daily basis - he even provided what nights had bands/specials/events etc.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeborahSims
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This hotel must be the best in Tamirindo, the hotel itself is lovely, the rooms well decorated with air con, hair dryers, all you would expect from a 4 star in the Uk. The pools and ground are well kept and the food was lovely. The staff were not great, I would describe them as disorganised, check in was a bit of a shambles, one person telling us one thing whilst another person telling us something totally different. The restaurant staff were no better, although this did improve on our 2nd visit. The food was fantastic, we had our best meals here without doubt. if I was going again I would stay here. It's location is perfect and it is of a really good standard, I just hope the Staff improve!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple