I did not want to leave. We got the premium ocean view room on the ground floor so could walk out the patio door to watch the sunsets or enjoy the beach view.
Our room was clean, but pretty basic considering the price, but it looks like they are completely renovating. Rooms across from us were being worked on by construction workers but never bothered us.
When we got there we immediately flipped on the fan and the air, which blew the electricity. They put a new breaker in and it blew again so they worked in the room and decided they would need to replace the fan. Told us just to not use it. Room was definitely cool without it. We did not have the water issues like others have talked about. Enough hot water for the 3 of us every day.
Sunrise is by 4:30 AM down there so we were up and in the car to surf either in Playa Grande or Playa Avellanas which were both better for surfing. At Avellanas we surfed out by Cabinas de Las Olas and were lucky enough to see a large family of Howler monkeys.
Then we would return to the hotel for their fabulous breakfast. I have never seen such a spread included with a room. I loved having the nice woman make an omelet for me and staff so willing to explain what some things were.
Low tide exposed the rocks on the beach behind the hotel so it was great for exploring. We stayed around the hotel and just enjoyed the beach and pools and only went across the street to big pools a couple times. The main drag seemed so much safer and somewhat higher class than the main area of Jaco so I felt safe everywhere. We only ate at the Pizza place that Diria owned and walked to local places for the rest of the meals. As for the street venders on the beach, they were not a problem and we rather enjoyed watching them. Actually a couple motivated me to purchase some bird whistles from them. We did not see drug dealers anywhere in town, though I was looking for the pot man to buy a pot from him to bring home the last day. <g> The grounds, the restaurants, and the people were all beautiful and if I ever get back to Tamarindo, I will stay here oceanfront premium again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel