I just got back from Tamarindo - so happy I chose to stay at the Diria! It was just me and my son (I am a single mom) and I took him for his 13th bday). It's in the heart of town, everything you need is within a couple city blocks. The entire hotel staff is amazing and helpful - and a couple of the servers at the restaurant are very funny! :) The room was rock star clean, fantastic cleaning staff. I HIGHLY recommend the ocean view upgrade, worth every penny! I can't tell you of even one bad experience, they took care of everything I needed - absolutely love the front desk staff! I am planning to go back in Dec or Jan and will DEFINITELY stay there again, and every time after that!
You will meet a lot of cool people in town, locals and Americans (both visiting and who have moved there) who are very friendly - my son made a ton of friends immediately who he hung out w. at the beach and (gorgeous!) pool. Make sure to stop by the tattoo shop (about 5 min walk up the street on the same side as the Diria) and talk to the owners who are from Philadelphia, my hometown. They will hook you up with great restaurant ideas in town. Don't forget to walk over to Kahiki's and talk to Steve, their lively chef from Manhattan. Excellent food!
oh and no need for taxi's to do anything EXCEPT go to Lola's! Lola's is about a 20 min taxi drive to Avellano's beach. BEST WAVES EVER! The owners are great (make sure you meet them, really nice people), tons of kids everywhere, BIGGEST waves you'll ever see (the locals call Lola's/Avellano's beach "Little Hawaii") with surfers who will blow your mind... and there are swimmable parts at the very same spot for kids and non surfers who want to chill on their boogie boards. and the food at Lola's is SPECTACULAR. A little off the beat and path place to chill for the day while you're in Tamarindo.... you can't not go to Lola's! :)
Also, outside the Diria are always a bunch of taxi drivers hanging around who will ask you 'taxi?" ---- if you need one, ask for Jose. He's a good looking taxi driver from Santa Rosa - nicest guy ever. I didnt get a car, but he took me and my son up to Lola's every other day and when we wanted to stay later than planned, he hung out and waited for us! great guy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel