1,064 results
All reviews monkey bar ladies night the friday night party tropical suite crazy monkey swim up bar costa rica pool area ocean view surf shop pura vida living room surf school special thanks full kitchen in town nice pool
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had such a great stay at Best Western. The atmosphere was so much fun and all the workers were so nice. I felt safe the entire time and was able to make the best of my time. The breakfast had the best fresh pineapple, watermelon, coffee and variety of juices. The pool was such a great spot to relax after the beach which is just across the street. The bedrooms had amazing AC (which I loved) and the beds were so comfortable. Our balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean and we were able to watch amazing sunrises and sunsets. Not to forget the crazy monkey bar! Such a great bar at the hotel and poolside! Definitely recommend best western! Last side note: VERY CLEAN!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor H
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at the Best Western for a week! We stayed in the Corona Suite and it was more than enough room for us! It had a huge living area w/ kitchen amenities- a double sofa and an incredible balcony overlooking the gorgeous ocean! The views at sunset were amazing!!!
We scheduled our surf lessons w/ Eric who sits down at the bar area every day from 8-10am! He was super knowledgeable about surfing and gave us fantastic lessons! I would definitely recommend talking to him while u are here! He also rents out free beach equipment- chairs, snorkels, fins, soccer balls etc!
The staff at the BW were super! We loved Jason & Sherom (not sure I spelled that right). Jenny and MaryCruz at the Reception were so kind and very helpful w/ all of our questions!!
Breakfast is also included which was great for our budget!! The fresh fruit is to die for!!!
It’s gated each evening and a guard is out there all night which made me feel super safe!!
This is also a great location to walk EVERYWHERE!!!! We walked over 37 miles in a week and loved it all!!!
Thanks for being a home away from home!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Initially when I was thinking beach vacation I thought "all-inclusive" and I am so happy I found this place instead. You cannot beat the price of this hotel period. We upgraded to an ocean view with our own little patio and the entire week was less then one night at many other spots. The backpacker in me was excited to have the extra funds to explore.

The location is just on the edge of the city limits, however Tamarindo is a 15 min walk though the entire town. It sits on a hill and there are a lot of stairs to climb but it gives you a better view! Also, you do have to cross the only road in town to get to the beach but it is still so close. Our room set up through me off as the bed was in the middle of the room facing the ocean, with the incredible view it ended up making sense. The air conditioning worked well but the hot water did not. We had one hot shower all week, which you got used to the cold shower with the 90+ heat.

The highlight for us was the staff who were always warm and welcoming, especially Yaison. He gave us a fantastic welcome to Costa Rica and is very passionate about having tourists enjoy is country. He was a wealth of information and very genuine. He introduced us to what would become our favorite National beer, Pilzen, gave advice on tours and made sure we said hi to "Godzilla," the giant Iquana that lived in the tree next door. The way the pool and bar is set up is perfect and when you did not want to be tossed around in the ocean you still had a great view and a bar stool in the pool.

Once again the value was unbeatable and it was nice to know it is gated and secured at night. I highly recommend it to anyone that prefers their own adventure, especially since you get free surf, boogie board, kayak, rentals etc. from the surf shop ;-) And when you hear a crazy guttural, those are just the Howler Monkeys in the trees on the property.

Room Tip: Second floor ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed here for a few days when i was in Tamarindo or vacation. The Hotel was good, worth the price. The pool was amazing but the best was the staff there, namely speaking, Maricruz Castro. She was a charm and she made my stay in Tamarindo a memorable one. She suggested all the best places to eat in town. All the best and worthwhile tours to take on. Ways to go around for a perfect Costa Rican experience.

If you are planning to stay at the Best Western Tamarindo, be sure to ask for Maricruz!

Karen Peter

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had a day to kill before the villa we reserved in Montezuma would be free for us to occupy so ... we booked in at the Best Western in Tamarindo ... what a fabulous experience! The price was very reasonable .. the rooms were fine. The gym/workout room was adequate. The location was fine. The pool and swim up bar area were outstanding. The breakfast buffet was good. The staff were very friendly and professional. All in all I would be more than happy to return!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family