“Awesome location!”

Hotel Nahua
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
“Awesome location!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is off the main road a little ways so you don't get the traffic noise but its only a very short walk into the town and beach. It's also very close to a super market which is awesome especially when staying in a suite with a kitchenette. The common area is also very nice with a little grill and hammocks. When we were here, there was a bit of a mosquito problem. We spent about 15 min killing the mosquitos in our room and there are a fair amount out in the common area even during the day, which is strange. But it didnt ruin our stay or the fact that the hotel is great! The little breakfast cafe right next door is awesome and really convenient in the mornings. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Bren_751

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stockholm
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Good location close to the beach and main bars, yet quiet.

Room was clean and nice though in a bit of disrepair. The fan squeaked from lack of oil or maintenance loud enough that it was hard to sleep with the fan on, but the AC worked fine. Sower badly needed repairs and the water was both coldish and low pressure, but the room (small apartment) was well laid out and friendly in every other sort of way.

Staff was very very friendly, I mainly met an Italian lady working there but also the nightwatchman who took my reservation was nice even though we had to use my basic Spanish to communicate :)

All in all a laidback and friendly place, well located. But dont expect top standard in the room.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel is a quiet, relaxing place. You can walk to the surf or the beach parties in about 5 minutes, but when it's time to go sleep, this is the place. Clean, well-kept rooms and grounds will ensure you have a good night's sleep and can go surf and party the following day.

The staff is very attentive and welcoming, and ready to share their local knowledge of the area.

My wife and I were only planning to stay one night, but since the place was so great, we stayed for 4 nights and used Tamarindo as our base, and explored the surrounding area from there.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family, and we will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms here are apartment-style suites, but there is a cheaper room that is more hotel-st...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I really liked this place, but perhaps the name is deceiving, as this is a set of apartments and not so much a hotel. This place is for you if you are more interested in great service and good vibes - if you want to relax by the swimming pool and chat to the friendly staff and experience real "pura vida", amazing nature and monkeys in your garden.

If you are more interested in a faceless hotel, with super clean rooms and in slightly better condition, then this place isn't for you - I had to place a tennis shoe by the door to stop the frog coming in my room at night, but I loved it and managed to relax more here than anywhere else.

I also stayed here by myself, but there was room in the apartment to sleep about or 5 comfortably, for such low prices I don't think you can expect any more. I don't think he is still there now but Alejandro, who runs Seafari, made the stay unforgettable and went above and beyond to make the guests happy, organising nights out and a BBQ. Loved it here, but go somewhere else if you want a less personal and more formal lodging.

Room Tip: The two apartments closest the swimming pool at the bottom are the nicest
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Christina C
Reviewed 8 November 2012

After a 5 hour bumpy ride from San Jose I finally arrived in Tamarindo just as the sun was going down - I drove around for a few minutes looking at the various hotels as I had not reserved anything in advanced - I came across this hotel and recognized it from Tripadvisor and if I remembered correctly the good reviews - they had one room left and it would be $ 30 , I was tired and just wanted to get settled - as they say you get what you pay for and I would not recommend this hotel for more than the 1 night ( I left the next day ) in agreement with others reviews the owners are very nice however if you read the review of " holland voyager " it's pretty much spot on - I honestly fail to understand the good reviews for this hotel - the rooms are in urgent need of a make over !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank 119colinm
Stayton, Oregon
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Monkeys were super fun. Yes, they do go potty, but the management cleans it up promptly!
Owner and side kick Ali are fabulous!
Great to gather with other guests in outside sitting area!
We made life time friends and would love to return!
A gem in the rough, as facility is not like the Hilton, but neither is the hospitality like the Hilton, which is exceptional at Hotel Nahau!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We had no reservation when we showed up to Tamarindo. The bus attendant from Santa Cruz brought us to Hotel Nahua. It was the best place we could of asked for. Great room at a great price with amazingly accommodating owner and manager. The place is set up to have a nice community feel. Also the trace and pool are very beautiful. We will definitely come here if we return to Tamarindo.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple