“My husband and I stayed at this property 8 yrs ago on our honeymoon”

Sueno del Mar Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 45 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a wonderful time there 8 years ago. Looking forward to going back in a few weeks! Staff was over the top and tours from this location very nice even in the rainy season( when we went in September)

Room Tip: Plan to enjoy, very homey. When I was there beer from the frig was on the honor system, you marked i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MonicaReinhardt20014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at Sueno Del Mar a month or so ago and I felt compelled to write my first Trip Advisor review because the room, food, and staff greatly exceeded my expectations. The room was a two level Casita with a beautiful private outdoor patio with an adjacent outdoor shower and bathroom. The hammocks and couch outside were perfect to relax in and watch the monkeys play in the trees every day. It was perfect to get us out of the NYC hustle and bustle.

The grounds are perfectly designed for relaxation with many hammocks, beds to lie on, many chairs to sunbathe on, and a cute little pool to take a dip in. Then you have the ocean at your doorstep. Pretty amazing.

The breakfasts were outstanding and you can have that served whenever you want during the morning. 3 courses were perfect to start the day.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. Susanne and Sol were always there when you needed something and really made us feel at home.

I highly recommend staying at Sueno Del Mar if you are in the Tamarindo/Langosta area. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Stay in the Casitas. Great room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jmkern26
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What a little corner of heaven. You truly feel like family here; and we balanced our time in CR between a full-amenitie, five star resort and this wonderful gem where you feel like family (among the howler monkeys, ctenosaurs and so many birds).

This was a secluded, romantic experience for us though we made dear friends of two other guests; each morning started with the sound of waves and an idyllic breakfast in the courtyard; each evening began with watching the sunset over the water from the private beach.

Walking distance from several excellent dining options, or a long stroll (or quick drive) into Tamarindo itself, you can explore the region or simply retreat into the courtyard and your room and enjoy the peace and quiet.

The staff are lovely, friendly and helpful but we always felt we had plenty of privacy, too. The amenities are simple, as a B&B should be. The beds are comfortable, the architecture and overall aesthetic are lovely and inviting. The breeze is steady, the view is inspiring, and peace reigns here.

I highly recommend this, and encourage a stay over one of the crowded nearby hotels -- at Sueno del Mar, you feel like you belong and leaving won't come easily.

Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Luna Suite, which offered an ocean view, but you won't be disappointed with any...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in April in this beautiful B&B. Our room was beautiful and the staff so friendly, helpful and attentive, with very good recommendations e.g. for restaurants. The breakfast is very good (always served with coffee, a fresh juice, a fruit place, a special warm dish e.g. eggs, sandwiches, … and a sweet dessert) and there are alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available 24/7 on a self-service basis at reasonable prices.

The location is very scenic and quiet, with beautiful views on the sunset. However, be aware that due to all the rocks in the water you can go into the sea in front of the B&B at low tide for a short period of time only. Otherwise it is really too dangerous (even though you might be a very experienced swimmer). For swimming/surfing you need to go to one of the other beaches close by. Tamarindo itself is just a 5 mins drive away on a non-tarred road (which is really not an issue in our view).

Though staying there at dry season, there were many mosquitos. Make sure to use enough repellent at all times of the day (as they seem to bite not only in the usual hours) – also when you are staying outside only for a few mins.

It was great to see the occasional pack of howler monkeys very close by (just next to our room) – got some really nice pictures. But these cute guys will wake you up at early morning ours – so be prepared ;-)

Overall, it was a bit more rustic then we expected – and we found the price per night a little expensive. Nevertheless, we would highly recommend this place. It was a truly lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sky_Zurich
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just had the loveliest breakfast today at tranquil and hidden away Sueno del Mar tucked away in a quiet corner of Playa Langosta. The service was impeccable, the food - tropical fruit plate, huevos rancheros, fresh squeezed juice, and pineapple cake - was delivered quickly, artistically, and perfectly flavored. Sol was a wonderful host and refusing to take no for answer, invited us to relax at the resort on comfy chairs at the beaches edge enjoying sounds of waves crashing and birds. I recommend this spot for solo, couples and group travelers (no kids though). This will be a repeat spot for me - great to have such an amazing breakfast so close to home.

Room Tip: I took a peak at several rooms and they are charming and spacious. It's a small slice of paradis...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mclauss
Reviewed 19 March 2014

On a recent stay at a condo at Playa Langosta, we found Sueno del Mar as an awesome place to have breakfast. My wife and I loved it so much, we went there every day we were on vacation. The staff is absolutely the best, very friendly and happy to share things about the area. My wife has a gluten alergy and the chef was happy to accomodate her dietary needs. The food itseft was different each day with various foods that are Costa Rican, and wonderful fruit juices not found anywhere else. One thing we could always count on was the fresh fruit with breakfast. The setting is so beautiful with the tropical garden, palm and other trees, the hammocks on the beach and other comfortable seating. We will definitely be back on our next trip and will likely stay at the B&B, instead of just visit for breakfast. You cannot go wrong with Sueno del Mar!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First let me say that I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in everything from 5 star hotels to airport crash pads and everything in between, and I truly thought that Sueno del Mar was one of the best places I have ever stayed. We rented out the B&B for our Feb 21 wedding, so we had the whole place to ourselves (us and family) for 4 days. We had so many questions leading up to our stay and the staff (Eduardo, Susanne and Sol) were so helpful and informative, I wish all hotels were this on the ball. Eduardo arranged for transportation for everyone coming to CR for our wedding(even if they were not staying at Sueno) and also for beer to be delivered for our group and any small request during our stay they accommodated without batting an eyelash. We stayed in the Luna suite, which was like staying in a beautiful treehouse, and we woke up to a stunning view of the ocean every day and sometimes of the monkeys in the trees. Breakfasts were all amazing and the fruit incredibly fresh. Outside was the perfect blend of beach, sun, shade and relaxation-the trees make the perfect canopy for those who don't want to be directly in the sun-even my dad and aunt (who can't really be in the sun) enjoyed laying out on the lounge chairs. I really could go on and on about Sueno, but most of the other reviewers have already done that. One more thing that I will add, if you are considering getting married there, I HIGHLY recommend it, we could not be happier with our choice to have our wedding at Sueno, all of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful everything was!

Room Tip: Luna suite gets a lot of light, but getting up early and enjoying the day is worth it! Osita and Mis...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family