“Exactly what I wanted”

Sueno del Mar Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 47 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
“Exactly what I wanted”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First off, a huge smile crossed my face once I opened the door to this wonderful, quant beachfront B&B. We were greeted by Eduardo who was super cool and laid back. Told us his favorite food spots, which were all delicious! And also driving tips for Santa Teresa which were very helpful. He was just one of those people you automatically feel comfortable and happy to chat with.
Our room has the shower outside!(private of course) which was a first for me. Beds are super comfortable, all of the windows have shutters to have as much light as you would like. A free amazing 3 course breakfast and coffee from 7-11 am. There were even these guys there from a different hotel eating breakfast because they heard it was so good!
Sueno is not RIGT in town but I was happy to be ONLY 3 minutes down a more quiet road Where a lot of the hotels are located actually. So it is not out of the way at all. Eduardo and Sue had 3 beach cruisers for their guests to borrow if they wanted.
I will 100% be back to this B&B and recommend it to any and everyone!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

By far the best food I had in Costa Rica. There is no menu so you get what you get and it's all to die for...
If you are not staying in the B and B more than likely when you return you will make reservations. It is tranquil and the most peaceful place on earth.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Every year I say I'm going back, but I end up going to a new country or somewhere in the U.S. I haven't been before. Sueno del Mar remains my #1 spot to re-visit someday. It was an amazing week from start to finish. Breakfast was different and awesome every day.The staff was incredibly helpful with choosing specific sites to see with our limited time. We had an amazing adventure almost every day. We did select to stick around the B&B a couple days just to relax. I just can't express how perfect the stay was. From making sure our outdoor shower door stayed closed (so the howler monkeys couldn't stroll in), to just looking at all the local furnishings around the property. It was so beautiful. I always say if I ever remarry, it will be on the beach catered by Sueno del Mar...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lhiller
Victoria, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Iguana and had an iguana in our shower one evening. We loved the place as it is so peaceful. It is two minutes to town. The great three course breakfast is a perfect way to start the day and the staff is very helpful with activities and restaurants.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What a beautiful place to stay! It is very quiet and has a beautiful atmosphere. The breakfast is very tasty and the setting for breakfast is wonderful! We saw a whole pack of moneys outside our bedroom window. We watched them for quite a while. The howler monkeys woke us up each morning and we love it! They were only loud for about 20 minutes and we went back to sleep after that. Where else can you say that monkeys woke you up! The rooms were neat and clean and the small a/c unit cooled the room sufficiently. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

When we were searching for a wedding venue, I kept coming back to Sueno but was apprehensive because I didn't see many recent reviews from brides. Despite that, we went ahead and I'm so glad we did. Sueno hosted our wedding of 34 and 16 of our closest family and friends for 5 days. The entire staff was accommodating, fun and really helpul. Leading up to the wedding, lots of guests booked tours including 21 of us who went zip lining. Even the tour companies they chose were awesome. The food is incredible, the location can't be beat, the rooms are gorgeous, Eduardo is awesome, and you really feel like you're getting the Costa Rican vibe but not compromising any vacaton luxuries. So, if you're a bride and second guessing if this is the right spot, go for it and book. You will be so happy you did.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank a12leighw
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a wonderful time there 8 years ago. Looking forward to going back in a few weeks! Staff was over the top and tours from this location very nice even in the rainy season( when we went in September)

Room Tip: Plan to enjoy, very homey. When I was there beer from the frig was on the honor system, you marked i...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple