“Relaxing experience with awesome food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$87.00*
and up
Afternoon Sailing and Snorkeling Tour in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Antares is an 80 foot Sparkman and Stephens schooner. We are anchored in the beautiful Tamarindo bay. She was built in 1947 and has won races world wide . This beautiful boat is family owned and operated, come join us... any day of the week. Although we offer an open bar throughout the trip and our crew are always offering drinks, we focus on really great food. We serve 3 plates on our way to our snorkel beach, and 3 plates on our sail back to Tamarindo beach. We have plenty of space on our deck, and bean bags for perfect seating. For those of you needing shade, our aft deck has a large roof. We set sail in the afternoon, meeting at at El Pescador at 12.45, so that by 1.30, we cast off our mooring lines. Our Captain and crew are friendly and professional. We offer an open bar, live music and delicious food. After anchoring at a beautiful beach, we go snorkeling. This is a perfect way to enjoy a day in beautiful Costa Rica. We sail back to Tamarindo enjoying the sunset. Please join us on our stunning boat. We will be happy to give more information on request, for our Witch¨s Rock trips, or private tours. Weddings, birthdays, or any special celebration can be enjoyed with us. We have a max of 30 passengers, to ensure comfort throughout the trip. Please feel free to check out our web page..
Huntington Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing experience with awesome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

During a recent trip to Tamarindo, we booked an excursion on the Antares. We had a large group of about 20 and took over the whole boat.

The boat itself is a bit old, but well kept. The large deck area is covered in bean bags which made it very comfortable and relaxing.

The staff on the boat was very attentive. There was a constant stream of drinks. The live reggae music was great.

What genuinely set the experience apart was the food. It was outstanding, creative, and healthy. I have to say that my expectations for "boat excursion food" was low, and I was blown away.

I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Tamarindo.

• Finnish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“By far the best day we had in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I highly recommend booking the Antares Sailing trip. The crew was so nice and fun and Candy was amazing, very sweet and accommodating the whole day. We couldn't have asked for any more! The live music was perfect. The food was delicious, fresh and healthy. Sitting on beanbags on the deck in the sun was so relaxing and unforgettable, Im so glad we did this! Id give it 10 stars if I could!

Boston
“Beyond wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I spent a magical afternoon aboard this boat. We are active, health-conscious people who did not want to go on a typical booze cruise. That being said, we do enjoy a nice cocktail and relaxation! Antares had everything for us. The beautiful food, helpful crew and live music made this experience one of a kind. Candy, our host, was attentive to our every need. There was a fun mix of people on the boat - couples, families, groups of friends. I would do this again in a heartbeat. Thanks Antares!

Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My fiance and I had an awesome time! The organic food was so good and it just kept on coming as well as the drinks. The staff was so attentive and provided everything we needed for the fun and relaxing sailing experience. We too had a local musician sing and play the guitar, it was great.

Guelph, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful day on the Antares”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend And I had a great time on the Antares. The food was amazing, the music was great and overall we loved it!

Highly recommended!!