Capitan Suizo Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$177
Bookit.com
Occidental Tamarindo(Playa Langosta)
US$209
US$174
  • Pool
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
US$99
Priceline
US$281
  • Pool
US$353
US$211
Tamarindo Village Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$111
Orbitz.com
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$48
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)
TripAdvisor
1,369 results
All reviewscapitan suizohowler monkeyscosta ricain townsuperior roomboogie boardsoutdoor showertamarindo beachwalk along the beachour honeymoonbeautiful birdssitting areabeautiful beachair conditioningrestaurant stafflounge chairshigh tide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our family loved this hotel! We had two rooms, one right on the beach. The rooms were nice, beds were comfortable and both were in a cozy-romantic settings. The staff was very friendly and always accommodating. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had quite a variety of fruits, bread, juices, etc. We loved the howler monkeys each day and had a blast on the beach. We even tried surfing! We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The beach side rooms were great with an outdoor shower to rinse off in-between ocean dips and also had a nice patio for late night drinks and cards.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My girlfriend and I just returned from a 3 day stay at the capitan suizo. Here is a quick rundown..

Rooms- We stayed in the Oceanside bungalow which is literally 50 yards from the beach. The rooms were on par with what u would expect for the price...great beds but shower hot water could have been better.
Bar/pool - 5 steps from pool to bar with monkeys overhead the entire time...could not have been more ideal
Beach - gray sand and long shallow beach perfect for kids. Also great for surfing
Entertainment - evening dinner, BBQ and various activities throughout the week
Internet - wireless is new and speed could be improved
Staff - rosa in activities and all the ladies at the bar/restaurant were so fun and hospitable.
Safety - always felt safe even with doors open at night next to the beach but travel at night in groups

Great place would return...one of the best in tamarindo

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan P
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It is not if, but when we return to Costa Rica, the Capitan Suizo is where we will stay. My wife and I loved the location with its lush landscaping, gorgeous sandy beach, a little off the beaten track yet only a short lovely walk along the beach to the center of town. The hotel was very comfortable, relaxing, had excellent service and the staff friendly and accommodating. We had a beach front bungalow with a beautiful view, excellent A/C, and a sooo comfortable bed. If you like to surf and kayak as we do, it is a great location. We really enjoyed the casual beach life with the beautiful mornings and evenings. The food at the hotel, the outdoor restaurant , was amazingly good, both breakfast and dinner. We had a great time and it was a great trip. We thank everyone at the Capitan Suizo for making our stay a wonderful experience .

Room Tip: Beach bungalows
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank john s
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is the best. We arrived to Capitan Suizo towing a boat (from the states). The hotel happily secured parking for the boat. Accommodations were top notch-stayed 10 years previously and had the same experience. I had to print out many papers at the front desk-they also did happily. To top it off, I left my iPod and headphones in the safe when I checked out. Employees immediately contacted me on the road-I was too far away to return. Raul asked what hotels I would be staying at and arranged to send my belongings ahead to a hotel. Raul also let me know who was bringing the iPod and headphones (a tour company that would be going to that area) and then who AT&T he hotel my belongings were left with. The belongings were at the hotel I arrived at just as he said. Talk about wonderful service. Back to the hotel-the complementary breakfast was good. You can get coffee beginning at 6 a.m.-very welcome for his coffee addict. The location of this hotel is great-right on the beach. Howler monkeys and iguanas on the roof. Beautiful manicured grounds. Ping pong table on grounds. Lots of chairs and tables for sitting around. It is an easy walk into town from here. A/C works great in the room. Can only say positive things. When we travel back to Costa Rica we will return to Capitan Suizo. A big thanks to Raul and all the front desk people-they were all wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelingFamily20102
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We travelled here with our 2 teenagers. The hotel is amazing, the surroundings are green and lush. The monkeys were a daily highlight for us. The pool area was very tranquil and peaceful.

We had interconnecting rooms, 23, 24, they were perfect for us, lovely big bed with quality linen. The bathroom was adequate with plenty of storage for clothes and luggage.

We are animal lovers, so along with the monkeys we enjoyed seeing the raccoons, lizards and beautiful birds.

The hotel is off the beaten track and away from the bustle of the town, but close enough to walk into Tamarindo if you please.

My husband and son surf, so the location was perfect, we hired a car to enable us to visit other surf spots in the area.

The staff at the hotel are really friendly particularly Max, Eddie & Ivan. Whilst we were there my son had a cold, so Eddie made an amazing concoction for him which soothed the symptoms.

The evening meal in the hotel was of amazing quality and variety.

We will be returning!!'