“Yummy-glad we found this our last night in town.”
Review of Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo - CLOSED

Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food here was great and service outstanding! We ordered the Penne a La Norcina and Chicken Festival. We spent our last night in town here and did not regret it. Find this place as it is off main drag.

CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

My dearest friend,

We are so happy that you had met us, we hope to see you soon again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your wonderful revue on TripAdvisor, you are totally right about the atmosphere and we are doing something about it while we close in winter.

We love you and we thank you

carlos

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The menu reflects elevated tastes in Italian food, not your run-of-the-mill pasta house. I splurged with a veal dish that sounded like a perfect combination of my favourite ingredients. Flavours were amazing, blending when appropriate and standing out on their own at other times. Mmmm, I'll be back for that dish - and I haven't eaten veal for decades. I was pretty well filled up when the dessert tray was shared, though the selections looked very appealing. Guess I need to return for a cup of espresso and dessert only some night. Service very attentive and friendly, yet not overwhelming. My only wish is that the atmosphere was a bit warmer inside, maybe with some ceiling treatments or other to break up the room. I'll be back for everything else though, and be bringing friends/family/business to enjoy this treat by the beach.

CarlosyCarlos, Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dearest friend and customer,

We are grateful for your comments , we were honor to have you dine with us, and God willing we will see you and friends soon again.

You are 100% right about the room, we are trying to make some changes to make the atmosphere more cozy, please give us time.

We have our executive Chef from Chicago in town developing new dishes too, guest will be pleased.

JUAN FRANCISCO
G.M.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

How can you consistently enjoy a dining experience like Carlos y Carlos? The reception is genuinely warm and friendly, the menu suggestions are spot on, and the service is second to none. If you want an Italian experience beyond spaghetti and meatballs or pizza, this should be your first choice on the Golden Coast. It is our #1 place to go.

CarlosyCarlos, Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dearest customer and friend,

I am delighted that you took the time to write a comment of your experience with us, we are very grateful and humble , thank you,

It has been quite slow around here and this revue motivate us all to bear hard times, thank you

Juan Francisco

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Due to a number of restaurants being closed for vacation we decided to try something new. I don't care for the Air Conditioning in Costa Rica and this one is . The appearance is of an Up-scale restaurant but then you are distracted by the TV playing sports. Very bizarre music,American style maybe 80's.Staff was overly anxious.I received a drink menu but no food Menu. I had to ask for a Food Menu. Ordered Pasta with Seafood which was OK. There is much better food in Tamarindo which will not put this one on my list for future visits.
I say get rid of the LInen, the music , block off the Bar somehow and get rid of the table at the front with the stack of magazines.Decide if you want to be a casual restaurant or Upscale.

CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Deare friend,

I admit that from time to time I want to hear and understand if we are doing somethig wrong, you nailed and regardless of how I personally feel , I am thankful.

You are right, I don't like the table with all magazines and maps etc. this is something I learn that is usual in Tamarindo to help others.

I will correct what you suggest I should and I will fix this atmosphere and service you speak off, I beg you to consider giving me another chance.

Carlos

Reviewed 31 May 2014

we were told this was one of the better restaurants in the town of tamarindo, so we decided to give it a try on a friday night. overall, the meal was very good, the service was great and nice to know they have AC seating. we started with the bread, which was warm and crusty. we got an appetizer, which was some kind of garlic shrimp. this was very tasty but $11 for 4 shrimps. i got the sea bass, which came in a creamy sauce. it did not say on the menu that the fish was breaded, which i wasn't thrilled with. my husband got the veal milanese, which he really liked. we finished up with the tres leches cake which was probably the best part of the whole meal! since we were one of three tables in the place, the service was on point and very good.

CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dearest friend,

Thank you so very much for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed, I will however try to understand the pricing, as I want to be totally fair to my customers.

I am revising the whole menu and the costs, I don't know if you were charge $ 11.00 per appetizer with this 22% included ( 10% service** and 12% taxes here in Costa Rica )

Carlos and Carlos is based in Chicago and all I still don't get the feeling of fairness to a customer to charge them for services , but this is Costa Rica and I have to obey the law.

Over all I thank you so very much, please rest assure that I will do something about the pricing if is unfair.

carlos