It's hard to express in words how incredible this place is.
Imagine you've just been invited to the private mountain estate of the most friendly, generous family on earth. At most there are four other couples staying with you, and all those people happen to also be friendly, interesting, and really fun to hang out with. The first woman who greets you and brings you smoothies and wine and nachos on the private terrace is also married to the man who drives you into town, teaches you about the local wildlife, and gives you the inside scoop on local life. The next woman who greets you is married to the next driver, who gives you a crash course in remedial Spanish to help you better navigate the food scene in town. Your last driver also happens to be the pastry chef responsible for the amazing croissants you get to eat every morning.
In the morning, you can either do the 5km walk around the forest, looking at monkeys, enormous butterflies, parrots, and other birds, or do yoga in the mountaintop ashram, looking out at the landscape and sometimes monkeys too, or just sit out on the private terrace by the pool with more fresh, whole-fruit smoothies... before making your way to breakfast with hot croissants, the most amazing fruit, eggs, rice & beans, and sometimes fried bananas or french toast as well.
In the afternoon, you have the tough choice of whether to stick around for the fresh, gourmet lunch or to get a ride to the gorgeous local beach (Avellanas), where you can take surfing lessons or just lie in the shade watching surfers and eat fantastic pizza and sandwiches at the beach-side restaurant. You also have to choose which day to do the spa... it would be crazy not to. With the sound of a waterfall behind you and views out across the mountains, you get the highest level of massage and body care, interrupted only by that fresh, gourmet lunch brought to you right by the hot tub.
In the evening, either you have dinner right there -- again, incredible food -- or you get a ride into town for some restaurants that are very good, and fun, but not so good you're not eager to get back to your mountain and gaze up at the stars. You've probably already seen a dozen monkeys during the day so are content to just view th smaller local wildlife... cute little frogs and geckos and giant toads and grasshoppers hanging out by the pool.
The only downside of going to Los Altos de Eros is that any future vacations will have a very hard time living up to this experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo