“Spa de Eros - Worth Every Penny!”
Review of Los Altos de Eros

Los Altos de Eros
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Tamarindo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I visited the Spa at Eros this past week for a "Spa Day" with 2 other female members of my family. We were picked up from our condo at 9AM by a van and taken up the hillside to the Hotel and spa. We were greeted warmly at the door of the hotel by staff and the taken down the steps to the spa. The natural setting, beauty of the space, and sound of water bubbling over rocks relaxed us immediately. The spa staff could not have been more pleasant and obliging. After relaxing in the main open area on lounge chairs sipping water or wine, we were each taken into separate treatment rooms, which were also open to the rainforest. I had the 90 minute massage which was outstanding! I was given a robe and brought back to the lounge chairs to sip water while they set up for my papaya body wrap. The wrap was a little cold going on, but then I was wrapped up and warm, lying there to rest with aromatic compresses on my eyelids. I was led to a shower afterwards to rinse off and then back to the room for the oatmeal and honey facial. I loved the natural citrus, oatmeal, and honey aromas of all the treatments - nothing was overpowering. The facial was relaxing - the spa attendant massaged my head, hands, and feet while I had an oatmeal mask on. Unbelievably relaxing! After all the treatments we were brought back to the lounge chairs to relax with wine, water, or iced tea while they prepared lunch for us. Lunch was delicious and organic - mix of fish, chicken, vegetables, fresh cheese, and grains. I went into the Jacuzzi tub after that, while looking out at the rainforest. We were all so relaxed and happy by the time we left, we began planning when we could return. Truly the best spa experience I've ever had - highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you are looking for a spa day while in Tamarindo look no further, it's all that you have heard and more. Just upon arrival (transportation provided) you are immediately intoxicated by this uniquely created setting and that's just the beginning. The pleasure continues with a warm, genuine welcome by the staff, the wafting smell of delicious food and the most picturesque place created by man. The open but covered decks are simply breath-taking, made from hand-crafted wood that is as comfortable as it is visually pleasing; they provide the perfect spot for protection from the elements (sun and rain) while you dine and are pampered on a cloud. Once seated we were provided a fresh fruit beverage which looked great and tasted even better. We had a deliciously prepared lunch consisting of chicken kebabs, mahi-mahi cerviche, grilled shrimp, pasta salad and caprese skewers followed by an indescribable fruity dessert, white or red wine, iced tea or water as plentiful. LADE services (I had a 90-minute massage, Chocolate Dream scrub and Papaya wrap) are the highest quality in the products used, presentation and talented staff. Following our treatments more refreshments and still warm cookies were waiting for us. The view was simply incredible and can only be described as God's country and the staff is on the same par. It briefly down-poured during our short visit and it was wonderful to be completely surrounded by rain and perfectly dry. We had not even completed our stay when we were already talking about returning. To provide some perspective we are a group of 5 adults (3 women, 2 men) who frequent spas of this caliber but this truly unique experience can only be described as one of a kind. Make time in your schedule to spend at least a half day with the ladies of LADE you will be happy you did. NOTE: we did not stay at the hotel but plan to at some future date.

Room Tip: Based on our spa (only) experience I don't think you would be disappointed in anything at Los Al...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Whether it be the personal attention and service assured by seasoned tenured staff led by GM Tatiana, or the delightful culinary prowess provided by Chef Andrea or the blissful, tranquil setting and spa services of LADE, you are sure to have a memorable experience worthy of repeating. My wife and I and our two children recently moved to CR full-time, so we are accustomed to Paradise, what however is less common is the well earned Five Star Service quietly and consistently executed by all of the staff at LADE. In my opinion, service starts at the top, and what Calvin (the owner) has cultivated is nothing less than a study in service joyfully implemented to the last detail and the seemingly lowest position. A job well done! We intend to visit often. Many of the GM's at larger "Five- Star" Resorts should they themselves book a stay at LADE, even if they don't take any of the lessons back with them they are sure to enjoy their stay!

Room Tip: There are only six rooms, book early, book often.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sea2believe
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My sister and I went with one of her friends and we had a fantastic time. It is something I will never forget and I will do again very soon! I would recommend the chocolate body scrub. It smelled and felt so good. It was intoxicating. The views were breathtaking. The staff werected very friendly. There was only one negative thing I could say about my experience, the road to get there is horrible. With that being said it was the best!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This review is overdue. I just returned from a terrible hotel stay in LA, and it reminded me to be grateful for all of the wonderful places that I have stayed, this being on the very top of my list.

Because it has been awhile, I am going to make this short and sweet. We stayed at Los Altos de Eros for my 40th birthday. There are 5 suites and with our friends, we had 4 of them. It's like staying at a posh private villa. The staff is so personable and caters to your every need/want before you even know what you need/want. The food is great. The rooms are so romantic and authentic. The pool is serene and beautiful. The spa is amazing - outside in the middle of the rainforest. I was kind of afraid a howler monkey was going to join me.

I can't wait to go back. It was over the top perfect!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CKTM
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not going to go into any detail, but this place is simply amazing. Incredible service, amenities, atmosphere, food, and staff. Aside from the size of the rooms, there's not a thing I would change. Enjoy relaxing, the views, and meeting new friends over some great food and adult beverages. Maybe a complimentary Cohiba too.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the end King units. The patios out front of these two rooms are more private.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blish09
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We just spent 2 nights at LADE and had an unforgettable experience. The best way to describe this resort to someone is to picture yourself staying in someone's fancy guest house. Five rooms (and one detached room) surround a pool and central courtyard with a kitchen/dining room/living room. The view and sunset are out of this world. You get to meet lots of the local wildlife including monkeys in trees! Step down a level and enter the spa, overlooking the same amazing view.

Breakfast and lunch are included, and we stayed on for dinner too. Chef Andrea made wonderful gourmet meals using the freshest ingredients (meat/fish/fruit). The kitchen staff prepared some of the most refreshing smoothies I have ever had too!

Our time at LADE was quiet and relaxing. We did not leave the property for any activities except to do the challenging 5K walk around neighboring hills. We were away from the hustle and bustle of every day life and of lots of other tourists. It was a wonderful way to clear our minds and be still.

LADE is a special place. It has lots of charm and elegance without being pretentious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple