“A hotel that aims to please”
Review of Hotel Flores

Hotel Flores
Ranked #15 of 51 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was so impressed by the attention and friendliness of this small family run hotel, I decided to write my first review. My friend and I stayed there 2 weeks in an apartment unit, which overlooked the pool and beautiful, well-kept gardens. The hotel is close to the beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. It was always nice to return there after a day of exploring and beach walking. The apartment was clean and spacious with plenty of towels. Full fruit platter, juice, and a choice of a Continental breakfast or typical Costa Rican breakfast every morning. Enjoyed watching the howler monkeys that came through the trees from time to time. The day we checked out, our bus did not pick us up till 3 pm, and the owner handed us back the keys and told us to stay till then...no charge. Their guests' comfort is their first priority.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and I extended our Costa Rican vacation and spent 3 days in Tamarindo after staying at a large resort for a week in Playa Conchal. I found the Hotel Flores on TripAdvisor and based on the great reviews we booked our stay. I am so glad we did!
This property up the street from the beach was a pleasant surprise once you enter the gates. The property is just lovely with lots of lush landscaping and beautiful flowers. Our room was in the front of the property overlooking the street and was very spacious. We were close to the pool and had it all to ourselves during the time we were there, unlike sharing the large resort's swimming pool. We felt very special.
My favorite part of our stay was climbing the stairs up to the main building to the beautiful breakfast patio overlooking the property. There we were served the best traditional Costa Rican breakfast! The staff were really great!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeavonneLong
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is a great hotel off the main street. Unfortunately there is a bit of construction noise but it's barely worth noting as the waterfall over the pool drowns out any undesirable noise. The rooms are clean with all the little extras that make it more comfortable... A mini fridge, coffee pot, utensils, a sitting area outside your door, AC that works well, plenty of hot water and a HUGE king size bed. Breakfast is worth mentioning too as the portions are large, fresh and super tasty!

This was our last stop before heading home. We were glad to find this place and would love to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had been backpacking though Central America for 3 months and decided to stay here right before my return to the US. I was dirty, tired and needed some respite. Hotel Flores was perfect. I had a large, clean room with a king size bed for $70 a night including a delicious breakfast. There was a small sitting area with cable tv, desk and mini fridge. I had an awesome window ac unit and a fan and the ceilings were high and airy. My room had a little gravel porch w chairs that overlooked the pool with it's waterfall and gardens. I could walk to everything in town including restaurants, surf shops and the beach. i could also get to the Ser Om Shanti Yoga studio in about a minute's walk. The owners of Hotel Flores are Italian and so friendly! Mrs. even helped me call shuttle agencies when on my last day, my original shuttle never showed up! Each day I would go upstairs to the little eating area on the top floor. The cook is also the houskeeper and she is a sweetheart. You choose from traditional costa rican or continental breakfast. I had toast, fruit, coffee, OJ and eggs every day. The women always made sure I got plenty to eat before I went out surfing. At night, it was quiet and peaceful. Other guests were from Germany, US and I think 1 couple from France. All very friendly. There is a cute cat named Rojo that likes to sleep in the sun and roams around. I highly recommend this place to relax and be close to everything in tamarind

Room Tip: King room overlooking the pool is great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Megstravels621
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed in a one room bedroom and it had everything we needed - including a walk-in closet!. The room was very clean and the kitchen was fully equipped for us to prepare our meals almost everynight- just great. Breakfast was very good . I cannot say enough about Ornella the owner and the service lady (Luisa). They were most caring and always available for anything we needed.
The hotel is walking distance to Tamarindo center and the beach. However far enough from all the noise of Tamarindo.
When I return to Tamarindo I will certainly go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Hotel Flores is conveniently located in Tamarindo with an easy walk to the shopping and eating areas. It is very comfortable – we had all we needed. We booked a three person studio and all was ready for us upon arrival. The rooms were airy and clean and the personnel were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was prepared individually and very good. Unfortunately, there was construction across the street – something that is hard to avoid in some areas of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

So, I'm the first to sing praises and rarely am negative. I will start with the pros;

1- Staff was very helpful and kind. We checked in later and the gentleman was very nice!

2- Breakfast was so good!! The cook/waitress was so sweet and even went out of her way to quickly get my pregnant wife some food before she got sick!

3- Location is amazing, so close to everything in Tamarindo! And Priced pretty good.

Con;

1- the room was very outdated and did not seem very clean. There were some bugs and it just wasn't a very comfortable room. We felt like there were bedbugs...it was a really big room but just not a good fit for us.

Overall, the stay was fine but I would not recommend this spot to any of our friends (I can't writing negative reviews...)

• Stayed: March 2013