“Huge apartment style room - view to die for”
Review of La Colina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
La Colina
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Tamarindo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here with a friend while surfing every day with the Witch's Rock Surf Camp. The room was clean and there was A/C in the bedroom that worked like a charm. The pool had kind of been let go and I don't think there was a restaurant, but that didn't bother us as we spent all of our days surfing / out on the town / at the beach.

Our balcony overlooked the Pacific, and we'd have coffee there every morning at sunrise and drinks there most nights after a long day at the beach. As it's up the hill a bit from the main road, it is very quiet there, which I loved. We felt very safe walking to and from, even at night.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and i spent two weeks in La Colina and we loved it so much,lovely large rooms with big balconys all around ,amazing views of the ocean and sunsets.The room are very clean with lots of amazing paintings on the walls of local animals and flowers.The rooms have everything you need,including a ice maker on the fridge what was a bonus.There are lots of tropical trees around full of birds and often Howler monkeys come past. La Colina is very peaceful and only a five minute walk to the town or beach,perfect for us..The owner Hans was a great guy and had good advice and would do anything to help you out,he saved us loads of money on our car hire for a week.If we return to Tamarindo we will stay here again,Thankyou Hans for are lovely stay in La Colina from two happy Brits

Room Tip: We was on the second floor ,great views towards the sea,room 47,
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bzsidders
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I feel like I couldn't have picked a better hotel. The rooms are more like apartments. They're massive, beautiful and a great value. My room had a bedroom with a king size bed, tons of closet space, a bathroom, living room with a couch and futon and fully stocked kitchen. The best part - the view from the balcony (see pic). Rooms are well kept and cleaned daily and the hotel owner is more than helpful and friendly.

The hotel is perfect because it's close to the beach for easy access but far enough removed from all of the noise on the main strip during the night.

I can't wait to make my next trip back to Tamarindo and will definitely be staying at Hotel La Colina.

I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I found this outstanding hotel on trip advisor, unfortunately we only had one night to stay there! The views from every room are breath taking. The service from the owner Hans was exceptional ! The room was clean and well presented, I can't say enough about out experience! If we are ever to return to costa rica we will dedinately stay here again!
Thank you Hans from 7 very happy Australians!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We spent a few weeks traveling all around Costa Rica. Of all the hotels we visited in Costa Rica, La Colina was the nicest. We traveled to Tamarindo specifically to surf and La Colina was perfect because it was close to the beach for easy access but gave us some seclusion from the noise and traffic right on the beach. After a long day of surfing a nice quiet place to relax and sleep was perfect. Each of the rooms are suites and are very spacious with high ceilings, a bedroom, a kitchen with a stove and full size fridge, a living room, and a balcony overlooking the pacific ocean. The view from our balcony could not have been better. It was only a short walk (3-4 minutes) down the hill to the beach and each morning we saw some great wildlife along the way. We saw howler monkeys, iguanas, parrots, humming birds, and tons of other birds and lizards. Hans is very friendly and helpful and he did whatever he could to make sure our stay comfortable. When we go back to Taramindo we will definitely stay at La Colina again.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view but honestly every room above the pool level will have an am...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank chad_bart
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I had signed up for the Witch's Rock surf camp and they had placed me in this hotel. I had a gorgeous room with a large kitchen and living room. There was a balcony with a gorgeous view. The place was very clean. The bedroom was so large it had a queen size bed and a full size bed also. It is not right on the beach and it is a little walk but well worth it. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had the room on the top floor. You have to climb the stairs but worth it once you see the view fro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We were originally scheduled to stay down on the beach, but moved up the hill to La Colina instead and enjoyed peace, quiet, and beautiful rooms! We woke up to the howler monkey's calling to each other, and even saw a few just in front of the hotel. The urucca's are friendly, and there were many garrobo's and gecko's to enjoy. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple