“Amazing & Relaxing time!”
Review of La Colina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
La Colina
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
“Amazing & Relaxing time!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an awesome condo in La Colina for the last month and we had a great time! A balcony with panoramic ocean views of Tamarindo with some of the most stunning sunsets you'll see anywhere. Included large master bedroom, loft, kitchen and more! Friendly customer service. A++!

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at La Colina this past week. Hans, the owner, is extremely personable and goes out of his way to make sure his guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The views of Tamarindo and the ocean from the hotel are spectacular and each room has a front-facing balcony. The grounds were extremely well-kept, complete with a variety of tropical plant/flower species. We had such a great stay and will be back again when visiting Tamarindo in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view of Tamarindo but the larger rooms are higher up and are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I spent Easter 2013 here. I stayed for 3 nights and I loved the views and the sunset! The rooms were clean and spacious. Comfortable beds. Only a few minutes walk to the beach. Quiet area. Hummingbirds and monkeys! Clean pool.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We found the place on tripadvisor and just dropped by to ask for a free room. We were lucky and stayed for 5 nights. The views from the rooms are stunning, every room with private balcony and small kitchen incl fridge. We really enjoyed chilling in the room for siesta during the day. By foot to the beach and tamarindo centre takes 10-15 minutes. But as you are slightly off the tamarindo noises, its really peaceful and quiet. The host is super friendly and always there for quiestions or if you need anything. Great place and great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Ojai, California
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed there for a week in late March 2013. Fantastic view of the bay! Clean spacious rooms. Nice kitchenette, good air conditioning and fans and cable TV! Very comfortable. Nice, clean pool. Best of all, it was very quiet; anytime of day or night. Just a short walk to beach and restaurants. Hans is a great proprietor. And we saw monkeys in the tree next to the hotel!!

Room Tip: Rooms on west side have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We booked this hotel based on the location and the good price offered for a one month rental.
But after reading all the negative reviews, I wondered if I had made a mistake.
We were there from january 15 to Feb. 15. We were never so pleased with our choice. The place is a gem away from the noise but yet so close to everything. And the views !!! must be the best in Tamarindo. Hotel La Colina offers cozy, clean and private little appartments ideal for snowbirds and longterm rentals seeking a quiet beautiful retreat.
We loved the pool that was located just below our balcony and used it every day.
Hans, the owner, is a quiet friendly person. we had an issue with wasps building a nest in the planter on our balcony. As soon as I informed him of it, it was taken care of imediately. He kindly helped me find a dentist and use his telephone to contact our travel insurance when an emergency arose. He is quick to resolve any concerns. We needed a new coffee pot and a larger frying pan and in no time we had both.
I wish I could keep this place a secret, but because I really appreciate the reviews posted on TA, I feel that I need to do my part and share our experience in order to help other travelers in making their decisions.
Go ahead and book with confidence. You will be delighted with your choice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here with a friend while surfing every day with the Witch's Rock Surf Camp. The room was clean and there was A/C in the bedroom that worked like a charm. The pool had kind of been let go and I don't think there was a restaurant, but that didn't bother us as we spent all of our days surfing / out on the town / at the beach.

Our balcony overlooked the Pacific, and we'd have coffee there every morning at sunrise and drinks there most nights after a long day at the beach. As it's up the hill a bit from the main road, it is very quiet there, which I loved. We felt very safe walking to and from, even at night.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends