“Recommended place for Tamarindo, Costa Rica”
Review of La Colina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
La Colina
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Tamarindo
Houston, Texas
“Recommended place for Tamarindo, Costa Rica”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the La Colina hotel, which sits on the hillside overlooking Tamarindo beach. Great pool, great owner who has very personable service, and nice accommodations with a two room, one bath suite that had a very large balcony facing the NW direction toward the beach (great sunsets and mornings). It is a 7 minute walk to the main street in Tamarindo and the constant dust on the road to the hotel was the only negative of the experience. But since this hotel sits off the main Tamarindo road, we had quiet evenings without the late night music and party noise that can occur at beachfront hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bunkini
Lespada, Guest Relations Manager at La Colina, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We thank you for writing a great review. We hope if your travels take you to Tamarindo, you will plan your stay with us at La Colina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Love this spot! Hans (owner) is the best and is very helpful. Rooms are clean and stuff is friendly. Views are amazing from any spot on the property. For any animal lovers, howler Monkeys take a route right past the hotel daily and relax in the trees next to the people (makes for a good photo). Would recommend this spot to any friends or family visiting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Ventura, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed there recently for a destination wedding. Hans was an attentive host and he had a friendly staff. Views from balcony rooms were great. I had a pool side room with a garden view. Place was clean and reasonably priced. The wedding cake was served in the patio/bar area. Very nice experience with family run atmosphere. Would stay here again. - Connie

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on high floors have gorgeous views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I really enjoyed my time at La Colina. I initially wanted to stay on the beach, so I split my time between La Colina and Witch's Rock Surf Camp. The beautiful views from my balcony at La Colina were breathtaking. It made the few rainy afternoons I spent indoors quite pleasant. The hotel sits above the town of Tamarindo and is less than a 10 minute walk to the beach. La Colina is not a big chain hotel, but it is unique, quiet and the exterior is quite grand. The rooms are basic with kitchen and AC and everything you need. The pool is surrounded by lush greenery and overlooks the ocean. It is owned and managed by a lovely man named Hans who was always happy to see me and fun to chat with coming and going. Hans was extremely responsive and helpful and even upgraded me to the gorgeous penthouse for my last night. If you are looking for a lovely quiet place to spend your evenings this is it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The moment I set foot into La Colina, I was instantly in LOVE. EVERYTHING...the beautiful, lush, well kept garden, it's cleanliness, the complete privacy, the safety, the security, away from the crowd, the clear extra-large pool, the sunset VIEWS of Tamarindo from our private balcony, the maid service, the owner Hanz, the Bar service, the Full size kitchen, our Condo…I can go on and on about this place…

It became my Home away from Home…

My family (boyfriend and 6yr old son) and I stayed here for an entire month! I did NOT WANT TO LEAVE! We had everything we needed plus more 2 be happy.

I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an awesome condo in La Colina for the last month and we had a great time! A balcony with panoramic ocean views of Tamarindo with some of the most stunning sunsets you'll see anywhere. Included large master bedroom, loft, kitchen and more! Friendly customer service. A++!

Stayed November 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at La Colina this past week. Hans, the owner, is extremely personable and goes out of his way to make sure his guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The views of Tamarindo and the ocean from the hotel are spectacular and each room has a front-facing balcony. The grounds were extremely well-kept, complete with a variety of tropical plant/flower species. We had such a great stay and will be back again when visiting Tamarindo in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view of Tamarindo but the larger rooms are higher up and are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends