“Wonderful start to 2014 at La Colina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Colina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
La Colina
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
“Wonderful start to 2014 at La Colina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My sister and I stayed at La Colina for 8 nights from December to January and we had a GREAT time!! We came across this place via Witch's rock surf camp. We thought the distance to the beach would be too far, but it was actually a breezy 7-10minute walk. We ended up preferring this because it was more clean and peaceful (The mainstreet can get pretty noisy and dusty with many cars) All we could hear from our balconies were the waves. Hans, the owner, was extremely friendly and accomodating. He made us feel welcome and at home. No restaurant, but they have a fully equipped kitchen and a bar at the reception. Super friendly staff that clean the pool every morning. The 2 ACs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, definitely helped us through the hottest times of the day. The only downside was that we could only get wifi to connect from the balcony. Thus, we HAD to look at the beach while using the internet. Could be worse. :p The view is breathtaking and they have a beautiful garden full of flowers and plants (and monkeys). Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend La Colina to all groups and ages. :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Sammy L
Lespada, Guest Relations Manager at La Colina, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your review of La Colina. We are glad we were able to start your New Year off in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you again in Costa Rica.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the La Colina hotel, which sits on the hillside overlooking Tamarindo beach. Great pool, great owner who has very personable service, and nice accommodations with a two room, one bath suite that had a very large balcony facing the NW direction toward the beach (great sunsets and mornings). It is a 7 minute walk to the main street in Tamarindo and the constant dust on the road to the hotel was the only negative of the experience. But since this hotel sits off the main Tamarindo road, we had quiet evenings without the late night music and party noise that can occur at beachfront hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bunkini
We thank you for writing a great review. We hope if your travels take you to Tamarindo, you will plan your stay with us at La Colina.
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Love this spot! Hans (owner) is the best and is very helpful. Rooms are clean and stuff is friendly. Views are amazing from any spot on the property. For any animal lovers, howler Monkeys take a route right past the hotel daily and relax in the trees next to the people (makes for a good photo). Would recommend this spot to any friends or family visiting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed there recently for a destination wedding. Hans was an attentive host and he had a friendly staff. Views from balcony rooms were great. I had a pool side room with a garden view. Place was clean and reasonably priced. The wedding cake was served in the patio/bar area. Very nice experience with family run atmosphere. Would stay here again. - Connie

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on high floors have gorgeous views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I really enjoyed my time at La Colina. I initially wanted to stay on the beach, so I split my time between La Colina and Witch's Rock Surf Camp. The beautiful views from my balcony at La Colina were breathtaking. It made the few rainy afternoons I spent indoors quite pleasant. The hotel sits above the town of Tamarindo and is less than a 10 minute walk to the beach. La Colina is not a big chain hotel, but it is unique, quiet and the exterior is quite grand. The rooms are basic with kitchen and AC and everything you need. The pool is surrounded by lush greenery and overlooks the ocean. It is owned and managed by a lovely man named Hans who was always happy to see me and fun to chat with coming and going. Hans was extremely responsive and helpful and even upgraded me to the gorgeous penthouse for my last night. If you are looking for a lovely quiet place to spend your evenings this is it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The moment I set foot into La Colina, I was instantly in LOVE. EVERYTHING...the beautiful, lush, well kept garden, it's cleanliness, the complete privacy, the safety, the security, away from the crowd, the clear extra-large pool, the sunset VIEWS of Tamarindo from our private balcony, the maid service, the owner Hanz, the Bar service, the Full size kitchen, our Condo…I can go on and on about this place…

It became my Home away from Home…

My family (boyfriend and 6yr old son) and I stayed here for an entire month! I did NOT WANT TO LEAVE! We had everything we needed plus more 2 be happy.

I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an awesome condo in La Colina for the last month and we had a great time! A balcony with panoramic ocean views of Tamarindo with some of the most stunning sunsets you'll see anywhere. Included large master bedroom, loft, kitchen and more! Friendly customer service. A++!

Stayed November 2013