Pura Vida Hostel
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$177
Bookit.com
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$119
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
US$353
US$211
Hotels.com
Tamarindo Village Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$111
Orbitz.com
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$48
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotels.com
All reviewsrocking chairscosta ricabook exchangegood vibesmet some great peopleplace to staygreat hostsminute walk from the beachlaid backcentral americasurf boardssan josetomasdormsoloshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a great time in Tamarindo and this mainly due to my great experience at Pura Vida!
The staff is knowledgable and allways willing to help! The facilities are great, especially the hammocks! And while staying there I met a great bunch of people that I was glad to call my family for a week!

Pura Vida, thank you again!

Charles

Room Tip: Take a private room, its worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Loved this hostel. Clean, and safe environment in a great location. Comfortable rooms, easy WiFi access, 2 kitchens, and a great common area to meet people or relax after a long day at the beach. As an added bonus, we even got to see monkeys swinging around the garden's mango tree. The staff was amazing and very helpful booking tours, buses and offering local recommendations. Miriam, the hostel owner was super friendly and I can't thank Marcela enough for all of the wonderful hospitality! We booked two nights but extended our stay to five after just the first day. This hostel really made our trip and I highly recommend it if you're staying in Tamarindo. Will definitely visit again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. The location, just a minute walk from all the shops and restaurant/bars, is perfect for a balance of entertainment and tranquility. If you want to party, you are a short walk from bars and clubs. If you want to relax in a hammock or go to bed early, everyone is respectful of the quiet time. I was especially grateful for that because we had to wake up early a couple of mornings to make early morning surf trips.

The staff was incredibly helpful and generous, especially Marcella who shared personal experiences having travelled Costa Rica herself. We simply told her what we wanted to do and before we knew it she had a shuttle and hostel recommendation for our next stop. And she was right, the hostel she suggested in Monteverde was wonderful and we were very happy with it.

I felt like I was in a hotel. There is a cleaning staff and there are no shoes in the outdoor hang out area. This hang out area has hammocks, pool tables and lots of rocking chairs/sitting areas for socializing with other people in the hostel. Sure there are some bugs that pass through the hang out area, that's because it's outdoors and you're in Costa Rica. That's everywhere. The AC keeps the rooms very cool if you want to get out of the sun. In general, I never had one complaint while I was there! Such a good vibe.

If you're looking for a friendly, caring staff, clean and adorable rooms, all located in the perfect spot in Tamarindo, this ones for you. It definitely lives up to the name: Pura Vida!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Unfortunately I stayed here for 3 nights in September 2013. Although there were 'non smoking' signs up in the common areas, people still lit up, it was irritating. The beds and sheets weren't that clean. The bathroom in the room was small but okay. The keyboard on the hostel laptop (to access the internet) didn't work so couldn't connect, that was a bit useless. The staff (Slovenian girl) was very friendly. But, she seemed inexperienced and couldn't book me a shuttle to San Jose, saying the only departure was booked out when in fact it wasn't - I managed to easily book a shuttle at the office down the road instead. Also, as I was being collected by the shuttle at midday and wanted to use the toilet before the 7-hr ride, the Slovenian girl told me I couldn't use the toilet and that I would have to see if the hotel next door would let me. I told her that was a jolly(!) stupid rule and she insisted I couldn't use the toilet because I would mess up the bathroom!!. After begging she eventually gave in. This hostel has too many stupid signs and rules and nothing makes sense. Stay at the hostel next door instead - it has a nice pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Angelakay003
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Muy bien localizado, con un desenho moderno pero en comuñon con el medio ambiente. Cerca de todos los tipos de servicios y con sus anfritrionas que pueden buscarte todos tipos de paseos y adventuras... Al llegar te van a dar un panorama general de lo que es y todo que se puede hacer en Tamarindo e todos los puntos turisticos de Costa Rica. Y no te equivoques, aun que siempre parece que todos estan en ritmo frenetico de fiesta, todos los horarios y reglas son mantenidos a risca tabla y siempre vas a descansar como si estubieras em medio a la jungla solo y tramquilo apenas con el sonido de los animales. Los locales son muy amables y divertidos, las playas increibles y se te gusta el surf... este es su paraiso!!!!

No solo conoci a gente interesante como hecho muy buenas amistades y espero con ganas volver a encuentralos a todos.

Ahora entiendo muy biem el porque ellos siempre te dicem PURA VIDA

Very well located, with a modern but peace with the environment. Nearly all types of services and their lovelly hostes that can get you all kinds of rides, tours and adventures ... Upon arrival they will give an overview of what it is and all you can do in Tamarindo and all tourist spots of Costa Rica. , though it always seems that everyone is in franetic party , all schedules and rules are maintained on first order and always going to rest as if you are em through the jungle alone and calm just with the sound of the animals. The locals are very friendly and funny, and there are amazing beaches and if you like surfing ... This is your paradise!!

didn t met just interesting people i also made ​​some good friends and I look forward to returning to Find them all.

Now I completely understand why they always says PURA VIDA!!

Joao F C Junior

Room Tip: Tudo Depende de lo que buscas, mas el personal te enseñaran todas tus opciones y sera muy facil encuentrar lo que buscas
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends