“Great Breakfast”

Santa Rita Cafe
Ranked #5 of 228 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Santa Rita Café is a small coffee shop located at the heart of Tamarindo. Its a family owned business designed to stand out creatively and gastronomically. Established by a couple (an architect and a chef), the idea is to create experiences while offering a variety of all day breakfasts, lunches, home made bakery and delicious specialty coffee. There's also beer available! It's family and pet friendly and the perfect place to meet other travelers and local people.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four of us had a great breakfast ... the omelettes were perfect! We would go there again next time we are in Tamarindo. You will love this place ... low key, great coffee drinks, great service.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We drove to Tamarindo today for breakfast. Simple atmosphere, very nice young man treated us and took our order. Gif fee and Iced very good. Food was very good. It is rainy season so not busy at 9:30. We will return

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Nothing I can say better than YUM. My daughter and I split the grilled cheese & spinach sandwich and the vegetarian sandwich. Both were very very tasty. Their homemade tea is delicious and their french fries are outstanding. Nice, quaint little place with very friendly staff. Be prepared to wait a few minutes for your meal (even lunch) as it is made fresh.. Not a long wait, but they don't slam together something that has been sitting out. Clean, air conditioned environment.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We tried to go earlier in the week but they were closed. We would have gone multiple times if they had been open. My son and I went in to order take our breakfast and had our coffee while we waited. His iced coffee drink (w/ PB, banana and chocolate) was amazing and my coffee was also the best I had in Tamarindo! All of our breakfast was very good - the Gallo Pintos and eggs were fresh and tasty. The French toast was good, but not in the traditional French toast way. I would highly recommend for breakfast!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Four of us went there for breakfast this morning and immediately had stomach distress that lasted the rest of the day. Maybe it was an off day. BTW, there is no table service so you take your own orders. But the food is not that cheap to warrant the no frills. And the person (guy) who brought out our food was not that welcoming or pleasant. The three of us that has the Matcha juice all felt ill the rest of the day. Again, maybe just an off day for them but I wouldn't recommend this place.