“Great zip lining tour with awesome guides”

Canopy Adventure Barva Volcano
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Barva
More attraction details
Owner description: Canopy Adventure "Barva Volcano" is located only 35 min. from the international airport and 40 min. from San Jose; on the province of Heredia at the foothills of the Barva Volcano. It was established in 1998 by a Forest Engineer on a private reserve of over 400 acres. Placed in the middle of a Cloud Forest, at about 7,000 ft above sea level, there are a total of 13 platforms and 8 cables crisscrossing a river while traveling on a protected biological corridor. Starting with easy cables and leaving the best for the end, a 600 ft. run over an amazing waterfall. Although the cables are unforgettable, the adventure is also about the forest, the guides love to share their knowledge of this unique environment with you on a nature walk that is worth the day trip by itself. Suitable for all ages, the youngest adventurer to do this ride was no more than 2 years old and the oldest one yet, 88 springs. Come fly through the cloud forest on this unforgettable adventure right in the Central Valley!!!!
“Great zip lining tour with awesome guides”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this canopy tour! We had great guides (Rio and Geoffrey - request them!) who were very approachable, knowledgeable and funny :) The cloud forest was great and you can go for walks and mountain bike as well.
I can't wait to go again!

Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
“canopy adventure barva volcano”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The place is amazing, the people are are great and amazing themselves!! They speak fluent english and they make sure you are comfortable in every way. They are animal lovers and you will no doubt enjoy every minute of the zip lining. The views and the tour will speak for its own. I encourage everyone to go to them. Im from Trinidad and my boyfriend took me there for vacation and I never expected such genuine people. They explain everything in detail and make sure you are comfortable before, during and after. When I go back to costa rica it will be there im going, over and over. Lol. They have memorabelias and you get great pictures of your tour. Like I said the people and the place is AMAZING!!!!

Visited October 2013
Portland
“Serious fun!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

There were 8 of us and every one of us loved the tour and zipline. The staff were so happy to work with us and they were genuinely fun to have as guides. I loved that there was a mini history lesson about the area and what goals they had for the property (reforestation). It's cool that the guides knew that much about the area and answered our questions too! Thanks for the great day!

USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun near san jose”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nice people, fun zip lining about an hour from San Jose. We would definitely do it again. One of the members of our party rented a car and speaks fluent Spanish. We stopped all along the way to make sure we were going in the right direction to the right place and we were able to find it. We did use our car to get to the start, and you definitely need a four wheel drive. We had 4 adults and 2 children 12 and 13. Everyone had a great time. The guides were friendly and there were light refreshments at the end (cake and coffee).

1 Thank hundley
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kids Friendly”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I loved this experience. I took my 10 year old for her birthday, it was a surprise and she was delighted. Our 6 year old was with us and she was very confident and not scared to do it. The guides are very good and explain a lot about the forest.
The kids where attached like a train together with the guide to make them heavier in some zips.
At the end of the 8th zip the kids wanted to do it all over again!
The team is very professional and they are giving advices in Panama for some Canopy Tours and are building up one in Nicaragua. We felt very safe with them.
I like this canopy tour because is not all about the adrenaline rush, is also about the forest and conservation. Is also about being in comunion with nature.
We will come back for sure!