“Great, Cost-Effective Option for Quick Stay in San Jose”

Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Heredia
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at Hotel Hojarascas for one night after arriving at San Jose airport late before an early trek to Manuel Antonio. I am thankful to have found this hotel based on reviews on TripAdvisor. It was a great value for the money, with clean rooms, cute updated decor, and a delicious breakfast. I also appreciated the ride from the airport and to our rental car shop. I am not so sure about the area, but it was more than fine for the one night we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ramonaruby

Reviewed 29 April 2012

If you are traveling anywhere near Heredia, you MUST stay @ Hotel Hojarascas! Jose Omar is the perfect host. The rooms are clean, well-appointed, and very comfortable. Traditional Costa Rican food for breakfast--local fruits and bread with the occasional surprise. Transportation from and to the airport is available, as is rental car service. A most enjoyable local experience! If I am lucky enough to get back to Costa Rica, I will most definitely stay at Hotel Hojarascas. This is what Pura Vida means!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank CharlieS54
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Warm welcome from Jose and his family. Pickup was perfect after 12 hours in the air! The hotel has been beautifully designed and is light and airy. It is right in the heart of Heredia, a bustling lively safe town with a large supermarket opposite. Breakfast was lovely with the special tamales making this the perfect resting place when we arrived in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P-and-R29
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Hojarascas in March and found that it truly is as wonderful as everyone says! Jose Omar is probably the nicest man I've ever met and is fabulous at his job! From the warm reception to the clean and comfortable rooms to the superb breakfasts...our stay at this hotel was...well, like we were home. We never felt like guests or like "clients" but like family. Jose guided us to local restaurants and gave us tips on some of the best sights Costa Rica has to offer! He is truly knowledgeable and talented at what he does and it shows! -Just read through the reviews!
I have only been home for 3 days and have already recommended this hotel to several of my friends! We will definitely be back to this hotel when we travel to Costa Rica in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarenee
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel in March 2012 and we had a great time there!! Rooms were very clean, breakfast (with delicious home made tamales) was awesome but the best part was definately the kindness of the owners, whose priority is to make their guests feel at home.
At Hojarascas you will for sure experience the meaning of the famous costa rican expression "Pura Vida"! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alice G
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Hojarascas in Jan and part of Feb 2012 and my experience was totally great. Jose Omar and his family treat all guests like family and provided me with lots of help with my spanish language. It is clean, the breakfasts are wonderful and it is close to so many other areas of Heredia that makes it convenient for anyone visiting the area.

I plan to return!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ReadingMayor
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Proprietor, Jose Omar, is the heart & soul of this family-run hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was a highlight of my week at Hojarascas. Jose Omar is formally trained as a chef. His breakfasts are simple, beautiful, and delicious works of culinary art. We began each day with a plate of beautifully presented pineapple, cantalope, and mango. The second course of breakfast included a chicken, bean, and rice tamal steamed with a sweet corn masa, inside of a banana leaf.

Every morning, over this delicious breakfast, Jose Omar and I had very fascinating conversations with a revolving cast of family and friends including his mother, brothers, friends, and other hotel guests. The entire family is very open, and welcoming.

The rooms are clean, tidy, and nicely appointed with tile floor, cable TV, and warm electric shower. The free wifi worked well. There are two washers and dryers, available to guests. There are also two computers available for guest use.

Hotel Hojarascas is very conveniently located. Within two square blocks of the school include:

-Mas Por Menos Supermarket
-Heredia Central Market
-Los Angeles Park
-Main Heredia bus stops
-Taxi line
-Intercultura Language School
-Many restaurants and shops

Complimentary airport pickup and delivery is a really nice touch, as well.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time with the Hojarascas family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jake F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
Hotel Chalet Tirol
#1 of 1 in Santo Domingo de Heredia
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose

Been to Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas? Share your experiences!