DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)
View Hotel
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
  • Pool
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
  • Pool
1,477 results
All reviewsdouble treesan josecosta ricaclose to the airportwarm cookiespool areanice hotela small grocery storeopen airsmall casinoswim up barexecutive roombreakfast buffetnice staytour deskrooms are spacioushotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Spent 1 night at the end of our trip in an Executive Room & found this hotel to be exactly what I needed after a week in the jungle.

Pro's:
Comfortable bed
Quiet and dark
Larger than average room & bathroom with all the amenities and slippers
Really enjoyed the food (evening snacks & breakfast in the executive lounge)
Hotel is minutes from Avis Rent a Car and right on Highway 1 that goes to the airport - this was a huge plus as we could return our car without stress or traffic/transit time.
Fun bar right across the street - Times.

Con's:
$10 day for wi fi unless you go to the lobby area
Front desk: While cordial, the front desk failed to recognize executive booking even after I said so 3-4 times. Had to return and speak with somebody else who had to get a third person involved to verify what was spelled out on our reservation confirmation. Front desk tried to charge for mini bar which we didnt even know where it was let alone use. Many guests seemed to have issues with their bill. From the pre-auth on my credit card I may too. Seemed to be a disconnect with getting luggage to room (15-20 minutes).

Recommendations:
Offer beer not just soda in the executive lounge
Express check out option would be beneficial

This hotel is perfect for spending the night in the city to catch your flight or after a long day of flying. I don't know how much I would have enjoyed any more time there as there did not seem to be much close to the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CakeySteph
Reviewed 22 September 2011

During a recent business trip I stayed in the Cariari hotel in San Jose. Overall, the hotel is quite reasonable, with the breakfast buffet being a real highlight, at least if it is included in your room rate (not sure what they charge otherwise).
The location is close to many major companies' sites, so it is convenient to get to the office but quite far away from the city or nice places.
Also, the noise of the traffic on the nearby highway is quite noticable in the rooms that go to that direction.

However, what really annoyed me was the bill for a phone call from the hotel room using my credit card. It was a 2-minute call to Germany.
As there is no information regarding the cost of such calls available I conciously kept it to the shortest possible time, However, a few days lates a company called Globalive from Canade charged my credit card with $30.61 for this 2-minute call.
Being already back home, I contacted the hotel via phone and asked them to look into this. They promised, but nothing happened. I also sent email messages to the hotel and to the regional customer support center in Mexico, but no response either.
The Globalive company has a website, but doesn't provide any information on tariffs either. The number for billing inquiries that they provide works only from the US and Canada.

As it looks like I will not be able to get this bill changed, I want at least to warn others not to fall in the same trap in this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Frank R
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My friends and I celebrated my 40th birthday at this hotel for 6 days. The staff is absolutely amazing. They gave me red roses, made a birthday cake and exhibited consistent, excellent customer service. Their tour desk is awesome and extremely helpful. Everyone spoke English and went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The food is awesome and worth every penny. Their breakfast buffet is superb! They also have great buffalo wings at the bar...mmm, mmm, good. Our room was big, nice and clean and it lead to the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has a pool view or that leads to the courtyard/pool. The view is just breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AtotheNtotheG
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 9 days, including a weekend, and my stay was very pleasant. I was on work, so could not indulge in most hotel facilities, but here are the things I enjoyed. Check in and check out were very smooth. Rooms were spacious. I had a problem with door locks, but I guess that was a deviation, and it was fixed after a few frantic calls. Very spacious, comfortable rooms.

Great buffet breakfast, beautiful spread and ever smiling hotel staff. Everything was just perfect. What makes it even better is the poolside view every morning, with the skyline behind. Beautiful swimming pool too.

Small aberrations (distant from restaurants & city) aside, I would recommend everyone to go and stay there.

Room Tip: Many rooms come with a pool side view, especially on the floor above.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank fireblazer
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We used the hotel as a starting point for our Costa Rican tour. It was a great choice.

We arrived from the USA. The tour company dropped us at the hotel after a very short ride from the airport. Check-in was efficient and friendly.

Our rooms were spacious and well appointed. They were spotlessly clean as well.

The hotel helped us call for a taxi big enough for five people.

When we returned from our touring around San Jose, we enjoyed the hospitality in the executive lounge. Olger was fantastic! Thanks.

We left early, but managed to sample the good breakfast.

If we return, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: I like the rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family