“Good for events”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I hosted an event of 150 people at this hotel and most guests were very pleased with the instalations and accomodations. I thought the food was great and the staff from the restaurant/ housekeeping/ luggage helpers and some from the reception desk was superb. I stayed at this hotel 9 nights and i felt at home.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We appreciate the opportunity to host your group and, as always, appreciate your business. If there’s anything you need, let us know. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I haven't had much experience with Hotels in San Juan but I would say that this hotel was pretty good but not excellent. The food was relatively good and the room service staff very good. For a conference, which was what I was attending, they provided good solid service. It was close to the airport. There was a shuttle and a taxi (expensive-$23 1 way) if you wanted to go to town. The rooms (I had a double) were very large and the bathrooms nice. My view was pretty bad (garden view but looking at what looked like staff quarters). In all, an okay experience. I wouldn't really want to stay here on vacation- the pool was right in the middle of a courtyard where everyone, including restaurant eaters could see you and the ambiance is more conducive to a short business trip than anything else. I saw no kids around and it didn't seem very kid friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We appreciate hearing from you and wanted to let you know that we work continually to improve our falicities and services, and your comments will help us improve. If you travel again to our area, we hope we have the opportunity to show you our improvements. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

First of all I'll say that this is not a bad hotel at all. The problem is that its quality does not match the expectations you may have regarding its price. In such a high-standard place you'd expect everything to work smoothly, but that was not my case. My room had several leaks on the ceiling, and the sink dropped water on my feet every time I was washing my hands. Also, I had to wait more than one hour before checking in my room the first day because it was not ready on time. And that fact did not prevent the personal of the hotel from making me leave my room at noon on my last day, even when my conference (on the same hotel) was not over. This may be a good place if your looking for fancy things (the restaurant, the pool...), but if you want a good quality/price rate I'd recommend other options.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I understand that you encountered some maintenance issues in your room and that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again. Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The room was very clean, two sinks - one in the bathroom and one right outside which was very convinent.
First time doing the Hotwire mystery deal and got this place, very happy and close to the airport. Easy check in and check out, and secured parking is a major bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for your comments. Whenever you’re in San Jose, stop by the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We’ll take good care of you. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ther service at this Double Tree was great. Not speaking much spanish, they were very accomodating. They have a neat little shop that sells souvenirs priced similar to items sold at the airport. The room was musty like many hotel rooms in Central America and the Carribean but it was very clean and well stocked when I returned each evening. The breakfast is pretty good, however, I do feel like I got sick from the breakfast on my last full day there. I can't be certain for this but that's my gut feeling since it was the only thing I had eaten that morning. Took me a few days to get over once I got back in the states. The gym was great as well. Many fitness options and tvs on the treadmills which is a plus. Overall, great stay and would stay here again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: Be careful what you eat. Don't eat items on the breakfast buffet that look like they have been s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The basics of what a higher end hotel should provide are a bit neglected here.
Sure, the chocolate chip cookie on check-in is a nice gesture, but you want to charge me $15 a day for internet in the room...
$26 dollars each for breakfast...
Luckily there is no extra charge for the guys outside my room in the pool area for hours making tons of noise setting up tents for someones party the next day or the fact that we could not go out our door to go to the pool,
or the mold in the bathroom
I have stayed here before a few times, and am in costa rica about 4 months of the year during maybe 8 trips or so. I have stayed in many of the hotels here in the central valley. I would give it 4 points if I was not paying big $.
It depends on what you are looking for I guess. If you want a big pool area this is a good choice.
The staff is great and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackstraw66

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Don't stay in this hotel. The rooms smell and the plumbing doesn't work. Sinks and bathtubs do not drain. Complaints to the management were essentially ignored. After several days, my team checked out and we moved to another hotel. Do yourself a favor, don't check-in. Find another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found an unpleasant odor in your room. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.
On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Thank you, Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#12 of 78 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!